X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Long Day!

Here are a few pics from a long day yesterday. Replaced 2 - 4" swing checks, 2 - 4" plug valves, 1- 4" 90 and 1 - 4" tee.

Confined space entry 15 ft. down 6 ft. around. Pit had to be pumped every 15 minutes so I could work.

We started at 7am and finished at 10:30pm. I was the only one in the pit all day and had to climb out several times because my gas monitor went off due to bad atmosphere even with fresh air intake.

My top man and competent person was Chris and he was extremely busy and did a great job keeping things flowing smoothly.

Doesn't seem like much but it was a huge undertaking. I had a lot of fun on this one but i am hurting today.
    Attached Files
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: A Long Day!

don't you wish you were still in ohio

now you see it, now you don't

where's your safety harness

looks like a nasty enviroment. way to kkep the shirt and hat clean

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

It DOES look like much to me J.R. The devils in the details and the details in that can take forever. And being in those positions all day....whew! Legs gotta' be sore.

Great Job!

J.C.

Comment

Good job you guys.

Comment

That sure is 1 of a kind! Was it t+m or bid? Did You allow for the time it actually took?
          Thanks Tool
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            don't you wish you were still in ohio

now you see it, now you don't

where's your safety harness

looks like a nasty enviroment. way to kkep the shirt and hat clean

rick.
            It was the end of the job and I had, and still have a raw spot rubbed in the side of my neck where the harness was sitting ALL DAY.

After busting my elbow open pretty good and getting never seize in it, I got pissed and ripped that sucker off.

I had the monitor on me still and figured we weren't going to see any safety enforcement at 10:30 at night.

Not the best idea I know, but I was so exhausted and sore I just wanted to clean up down there and get the he!! out of there!

I certainly was not very clean when I got out of there.

Comment

Great Pics... Nice hat

So how did you drain the pit? JetVac . Just kidding on that. But seriously... how do you guys drain something like that?

Nice job and congratz on a hard days work.

Josh

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
              Here are a few pics from a long day yesterday. Replaced 2 - 4" swing checks, 2 - 4" plug valves, 1- 4" 90 and 1 - 4" tee.

Confined space entry 15 ft. down 6 ft. around. Pit had to be pumped every 15 minutes so I could work.

We started at 7am and finished at 10:30pm. I was the only one in the pit all day and had to climb out several times because my gas monitor went off due to bad atmosphere even with fresh air intake.

My top man and competent person was Chris and he was extremely busy and did a great job keeping things flowing smoothly.

Doesn't seem like much but it was a huge undertaking. I had a lot of fun on this one but i am hurting today.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                That sure is 1 of a kind! Was it t+m or bid? Did You allow for the time it actually took?
                Thanks Tool

This was a bid job based on 2 guys at 20 hrs. plus materials and additional charges for confined space entry.

We got it done in roughly 16 hrs. and saved a days rental on CS equipment.

We still have to go back and do foam patches where water is leaching into the structure. I will be using some stuff I found at the cleaner show earlier this year.

That will be an extra charge that was not included in this job. They are my best customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  Great Pics... Nice hat

So how did you drain the pit? JetVac . Just kidding on that. But seriously... how do you guys drain something like that?

Nice job and congratz on a hard days work.

Josh
                  Not a jet vac....sorry.

We used 2 trash pumps to keep the lift station and the pit i was working in dry. Chris was working hard to keep me dry down there. He had to prime the pumps nearly every time they were used.

Comment

Big Pump Truck. No, Seriously that's what we'd use.

J.C.

Comment

Time for an icy cold beer huh?

Comment

The big question is what did you have for lunch that day.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Couldn't get a pump truck down where we where. This was for a forest preserve district and we were way off the beaten path.

We had granola bars and Gatorade no time for a real lunch.

I would have loved an ice cold one but it was too late and I was filthy and needed a shower. 15 minutes till Friday though.

Comment

They're lucky to have Your services! Great job,Your stock is over the top after that one
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Wow! Looks like a big job. Forgive me asking, but what exactly is this? Sewer Line? I have no experience with this but find it very interesting. Great job!

What is the blue compression fitting all the way on the right side of the picture? It looks like originally there was no fitting there, just pipe.

Comment

Working...
                              X