X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Looking

Posted this awhile back. Looking for cross or lever handle replacements for this Am. Standard 3 handle t/s valve. Thought I found some but was wrong. The owner is like 80 yrs. old and the hands don't work like they once did.

The problem is finding some that have a large enough "skirt" or "bell" attached to them to go over the chrome sleeve.

Thanks for all input.

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 10-04-2008, 11:56 AM.

Re: Still Looking

JC, I to went on a hunt like this... Leaky Aquaseal if I remember right...

I have not had good luck with American Standard at all.

I ended up having to change valve bodies and trim kits

Comment

Would a conversion to a single handle be to far out?

I think I saw where Delta and a few others make a decorative metal plate for a single handle conversion ( covers up the old 2 handle holes). This would keep you out of the tile business

Comment

Yeah, Bill. Done that many times. The function is ok. Just wanted different handles. Thought one of the many brains on the forum would know where to get them.

That doesn't say alot for Am. Standard does it? Always, always, always have more problems with them.

And they recenty acquired/merged with Crane or Gerber. Somebody.

Thanks for the idea though. Might come to that.

J.C.

Comment

One of the Brains may come through yet

I am not a fan of American Standard, though my Grandpa would install nothing but 30-40 years ago.

I really like Kohler for my upper end line now.

Sorry JC, I'm stuck waiting on the gas copmpany so I have to pass the time

Comment

Gas company. What's up?

J.C.

Comment

Centerpoint Energy ( Gas company) here in Oklahoma is mentally challenged...

Gas company dispatchers are insisting on a permit and inspection for a leak repair... Only problem is that this address is rural so there is no inspector or permit to get. If I can't get the dispatchers to generate a call I can't get the on call guy to put the meter back.

I called a buddy who just happens to work for Centerpoint and is on call today to get it worked out
              Last edited by OkieBill; 06-14-2008, 10:48 AM. Reason: still can't spell

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                Posted this awhile back. Looking for cross or lever handle replacements for this Am. Standard 3 handle t/s valve. Thought I found some but was wrong. The owner is like 80 yrs. old and the hands don't work like they once did.

The problem is finding some that have a large enough "skirt" or "bell" attached to them to go over the chrome sleeve.

Thanks for all input.

J.C.
                American Standard had 2 size handles (large and small) canopy style
                Small was for 4" spread lavy and 6" face mount lavy

You need large for tub/shower valve to fit over cover tube escusheon

I doubt that original lever handle is still available anywhere (nylon handle adapter inside)

look here at Danco Product

http://www.hardwareworld.com/Canopy-...e-pW3ATZC.aspx

Comment

Working...
                X