Over Sea Plumber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Over Sea Plumber

Buy a metric/standard tape measure. Best thing I had when in europe. No math needed, just look at the tape.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

You can come to Australia pal and you wont have to worry about converting measurements!

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        Oh yes. Cold's on the right. Hot's on the right and don't chew your fingernails.

Bring some Scandinavian women with you. There seems to be a shortage here

Comment

Originally posted by Rorlegger View Post
          I would be greatfull for all answers

Thanks,
          Thomas
          Hi Rorlegger,

You can always get your answers from www.ridgid.eu or contact your local representatives in Norway. Or are there any problems with that?

Greetz

Comment

Originally posted by jan_vb View Post
            Hi Rorlegger,

You can always get your answers from www.ridgid.eu or contact your local representatives in Norway. Or are there any problems with that?

Greetz
            thanks, you just added 48 new ridigid forums for me to join

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              thanks, you just added 48 new ridigid forums for me to join

rick.
              where did I do that?
              thing is though that we Europeans will take over soon

Comment

Hi folks

To: drtyhands, HVAC HAWK , plumberscrack, ToUtahNow, NHMaster3015
                And the rest

Just wanna say thanks for the answers.. Ive been away this weekend
                Tryin to get the head title in a race here

But again, thanks for answers
                Well, reason why im concerned about the scales is becouse of my young age. im turning 23 this august. But i tend to pick up things pretty fast. So if you guys says it no big deal (after a few days) then i sure got the confidence.

The place i wanna move to would be either NY (or some were close there), Miami or DC... I know that those placec are proberly a bit different from eachother.. But, those places are my destinations

Hope my english is fully understandable..

-Bogart; You know some norwegian? hehe..
                I love the work and everything with it.
                So i really wanna go asap, but im struggeling with some traveling papers atm.
                But in a half a year, i shall have no problem
                And beside that, i need some more information about immigrating. Couse after what i heard,
                i can only stay in the US for like 3 months or so.. But, that ill just have to check out with the american ambassy.

Again, thanks for all answers
                Last edited by Rorlegger; 06-22-2008, 02:24 PM. Reason: Forgot tha refer to some answers

Comment

The place i wanna move to would be either NY (or some were close there), Miami or DC... I know that those placec are proberly a bit different from eachother.. But, those places are my destinations

They are all a bit different, but they are good places to get mugged.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hehe.. Yeah, i understand what you'r thinking of
                    Thats exactly what i've heard of, about those places.

Im working with an jamacian/amercan at a building site. He were borned in jamacia, but later raised in Bronx. So when we talked about me moveing to the US. I mensioned the 3 places i could prob enjoy moveing to.

Ofc, he had diffrent things to say about them, but he also said that it aint all that bad that televison/movies and such are telling you. I personaly always thought that Bronx was a though place, but he said that brooklyn were worst.

Im not the guy to express my self about places, as i havent been to any of them. But, i love traveling and think i could adapt to the US community.

Btw..
                    JCsPlumbing said that i would need an Lufkins Plumbers Rule.. What that?
                    Do i need to take some kinda degree or something?
                    And a really silly question.. Hehe... Ofc i dont know any streets anywere over there.
                    But if i move over (as i would) it will hold with an gps, to navigate through the streets and such? hehe..
                    I've seen some roads from the US on movies.. Damn, they'r big and many exits
                    Last edited by Rorlegger; 06-22-2008, 03:51 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      They are all a bit different, but they are good places to get mugged.
                      Hey don't scare him off. It's been over 3 months since I was last mugged here

Miami might be quite a climate shock for someone coming from above the Artic Circle.

You should come to DC. We even have the Royal Norwegian Embassy here Rent out a room or a basement apartment in nearby Georgetown. It's very European. If you bring some tools I'll try to find work for you.

Best of luck

Comment

Hehe.. Its alot more people living in the Us then Norway. So, the mugging and such would be abit higher over there at you guys.
                        That i understand..

But plumberscrack.. Lets say i choose my destination to be DC..
                        You dont happendt to know how apartment rent price, buy price are?
                        I just bought myself an apartment here in Norway. But its no problem to rent it out.. Main thing i proberly whould consider is taking a "long" weekend tripp over, to just check out things. Think it would be a good idea for me to do that. Before i deside to stay permanently.

Is it standar to bring your own gear? Just wondering, couse here in Norway. We get a new firm car, gas card, cellphone, tools, clothes all that..

And a couple of other questions..
                        You dont happend to know what people usualy get paid pr hour?
                        And, plumbers in ths US, is it standar to know gas jointing?
                        Here in norway, it requires a special lisence to be abel to work with gas pipes to houses and such..
                        Last edited by Rorlegger; 06-22-2008, 04:47 PM.

Comment

rorlegger,
                          I don't know any Norwegian. Husker Du was a game that was imported from Norway sold on TV in the states. A punk/thrash band adopted it as their name.

Comment

It's been 15 years since I needed to rent an apartment but there is no shortage. You could even rent a room in a group house with people in similar situations on a short term basis. Check the classified ad in www.TheWashingtonPost.com Look under Rentals.

Getting around in DC is fairly easy. We have excellent mass transportation. Buses, subway, cabs, bicycle lanes, car pools, Zip cars. We drive on the right here (mostly) With a GPS getting around is no problem.

I'm not your mother so I won't be clothing you, giving you a car, gas and cell phone just for coming to work Some basic hand tools would show me you are serious about your job. The power tools probably won't work with our electrical grid

Forget everything you learned about the metric system. You are in the USA now. You do it our way

You better not be coming here just to steal our American women with your chiseled good looks and wavy blonde hair It's been done before

I know exactly what workers get paid here but without knowing your skill level it's hard to say. What kind of plumbing do you like to do?

Comment

Thanks, ill check it out when i get home from work..

Hehe.. Didnt mean it like offencive.. If it came out like that. Just wondering.. Thats what we in norway usualy get.. Thats common in all firms over here. Atleast for firms bigger than 5man..

Our electric tool run on 230v.. Yours 400v? We drive right lane over here too So i dont consider that as a problem

Hehe, chisled good looks and wevy blond hair.. hmm.. The chisled good look i cant argue about but the wevy blond hair.. nahhh, not me.. i got kinda dark blond/darker hair.. So, im not 100% up to that description

Here in norway i get payed 185 NOK pr hour atm.. Thats fairly ok..
                              With the american dollar currency atm; 185 NOK = 37 dollar

Prices pr hour for an plumber vary from 185-220 NOK = appx. 37-44 dollars
                              And we pay taxes equal to/from 34-50% tax depending on how much income you have pr year..

Plumbing i like..
                              I usualy do services. That also include ripping/rebuilding bathrooms, laying sewer pipes and water from main pipes, into houses.. That kinda things.. Where i work, we have alot of vart things. But an insane amount of bathrooms with a 10year no-leak guarantee.. We do all from radiators, floor heating, water/sewer pipes, hot water, heeat system, cooling system ++
                              Last edited by Rorlegger; 06-22-2008, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Wait!..What?...NO!... you are 22 years old, doing plumbing only 4 years and you make $37 per hour?

Forget coming here....I'm going there

34%-50% tax bracket...OUCH!

Comment

Working...
                                X