X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work pics

Just a couple of work pics I found interesting. The first one is a hosebibb that "wasn't working right". Notice the ice block bulged the pipe but it didn't burst.

The second is a ballcock/rod from a ProFlo toilet in around 3 yrs. (estimate) Seems like alot of rust for a short time to me. Not much brass or resistant coating. It was on municipal water.

J.C.

P.S. Has any customer ever admitted to leaving a hose on the hosebibb in the winter?

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 10-04-2008, 11:56 AM.

Re: Work pics

ProFlo toilets..... Crap, crap, crappity crap!
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Shows how ignornt I am.
      Idof figured the plastic would've split first.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Shows how ignornt I am.
        Idof figured the plastic would've split first.
        Thats a frost free hose bib, But even with the hose left attached it still shouldn't have froze that far into the house . or am I missing something? They work great except if they don't have slight pitch or if someone leaves a hose attached in the winter. That bulge you see is ware the washer is so it sets inside the house and the water drains out the spicket to the right off picture.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Just a couple of work pics I found interesting. The first one is a hosebibb that "wasn't working right". Notice the ice block bulged the pipe but it didn't burst.

The second is a ballcock/rod from a ProFlo toilet in around 3 yrs. (estimate) Seems like alot of rust for a short time to me. Not much brass or resistant coating. It was on municipal water.

J.C.

P.S. Has any customer ever admitted to leaving a hose on the hosebibb in the winter?

J.C.
          Haven't been on in a week or so, (too busy), and was just catching up a little when I noticed your quote at the bottom. ("Devine ...") I got a good laugh.
          sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
            Thats a frost free hose bib, But even with the hose left attached it still shouldn't have froze that far into the house . or am I missing something? They work great except if they don't have slight pitch or if someone leaves a hose attached in the winter. That bulge you see is ware the washer is so it sets inside the house and the water drains out the spicket to the right off picture.
            I'ld say drains out left off picture, so the freeze would be out, and pressure build up by the washer.
            sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Boilerman wins. Drains to the left. Everytime I run into this in the past, the pipe splits. But this one ballooned at the end.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
              X