Toilet Preferances....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toilet Preferances....

I install Toto drake elongated when customers ask for a recommendation. I get seat tank and bowl for 270, so its always an easy sell
    West Trail Mechanical Ltd
    Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Cimarron 1-pc has been my installation choice lately.
      And it will fit an 11-1/4 r.i. if necessary.
      Water seal is adequate.
      It's under $400
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I like the Kohler Cinnamon, or Wellworth. I have them in my house...in case a customer asks!

Comment

I have two Kohler Wellworths in one house and two Toto Drakes in the other, both sets have been trouble free. I've put a few Kohler Cimarron's in, Im just not sold yet on them.
          Mike

Comment

I like the Kohler Cinnamon, Wellworth and Toto. Stay the F away from almost anything made by American Std. I have not found one in the last 20 years that will flush worth a damn.
            sigpic

Comment

I prefer the Kohler Vanilla & Nutmeg.

Ditto NH of Am. Standard. Their new class 5 is OK.

J.C.

Comment

We install a ton of A/S crap...China is usually so deformed it's impossible to tell when its square to the wall.My last job,40ish appartments,3 bowls had to be sent back...holes were too far apart to mount tanks...

I ended up buying a wellworth,$100.(I don't plan on being in this house long..)As this was my first kohler w/c install,I have to say,I kinda like the 3 bolt tank mounting.Unlike that A/S crap...which you damn near have crank the tank bolts with a 2 ft pipe wrench to keep the tank from wiggleing.

I think the quality is pretty decent for their bottom of the barrel model.....maybe totos for the next house.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  I like the Kohler Cinnamon, Wellworth and Toto. Stay the F away from almost anything made by American Std. I have not found one in the last 20 years that will flush worth a damn.
                  I have THE EXACT same opinion on toilets.
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by UA22PLumberdude View Post
                    We install a ton of A/S crap...China is usually so deformed it's impossible to tell when its square to the wall.My last job,40ish appartments,3 bowls had to be sent back...holes were too far apart to mount tanks...

I ended up buying a wellworth,$100.(I don't plan on being in this house long..)As this was my first kohler w/c install,I have to say,I kinda like the 3 bolt tank mounting.Unlike that A/S crap...which you damn near have crank the tank bolts with a 2 ft pipe wrench to keep the tank from wiggleing.

I think the quality is pretty decent for their bottom of the barrel model.....maybe totos for the next house.
                    I'm glad you mentioned this about the A/S two bolt tanks. I almost forgot it's been so long since I put one in. You have to crank them 'til they bottom out and it is enough pressure that you've got to be on the edge of cracking the tank. A/S sucks.

J.C.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      I'm glad you mentioned this about the A/S two bolt tanks. I almost forgot it's been so long since I put one in. You have to crank them 'til they bottom out and it is enough pressure that you've got to be on the edge of cracking the tank. A/S sucks.

J.C.

J.C.
                      We install many American Standard Cadet 3, and I have to agree with you JC, I feel like that tank is going to snap at any time. The porcelain is terrible.

In my house, my moms house and my grandmas house I installed Toto Drake elongated ADA toilets.

I am still on a "I hate Kohler" binge.

If you want a more accurate way of telling who has a better flush, check this out.

http://www.cuwcc.org/uploads/product...on-2-10-06.pdf
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                        We install many American Standard Cadet 3, and I have to agree with you JC, I feel like that tank is going to snap at any time. The porcelain is terrible.

In my house, my moms house and my grandmas house I installed Toto Drake elongated ADA toilets.

I am still on a "I hate Kohler" binge.

If you want a more accurate way of telling who has a better flush, check this out.

http://www.cuwcc.org/uploads/product...on-2-10-06.pdf
                        Thanks! That is a great link. So what i get out of it is Am Std. engineering is there but they really have to work on their quality control... I was suprised that the TOTO's didnt have a better rating and I was really suprised at how well the gerbers did!

Comment

For anyones interest. American Standard, Crane, & Eljer have merged.

J.C.

Comment

Keep in mind, those Gerbers were pressure assisted, not gravity. Toto Drake was number 2 only beat by American Standard in a gravity flush.
                            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I've put in a few Gerbers in my day. They flush really great, my only problem with them is style. They are usually darn ugly compared to Kohler or TOTO toilets, which I prefer.
                              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                                For anyones interest. American Standard, Crane, & Eljer have merged.

J.C.
                                Crapity, crap, crap, crap
                                Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Working...
                                X