Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toilet Preferances....

Originally posted by ramplum View Post
    Toto invented Gmax , that is what Kohler copied ! when they made cimmeron. Toto rake is available for 180 to 200. Kohler has always had poor glazing, Look at the MAP test results! drake is the 900 gr. waste remover, and its the cheapest toto sold. Kohler has been spending theyre $ telling people about the bold look. Toto has been removing up to twice as much waste as kohler for decades! unless you count the sloan 101 tanks that got recalled and are noisy! and expensive to repair!. Gerber is a top preformer too!. and the Caroma does 750 gr. on ,8 gpf. ! yes I'm informed, so can you be too! see 3rd. party test results. over the past years.
    Where'd ya get them facts from?
    sigpic

Comment

Saysflushable, this should be your avatar
      Attached Files
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
        Yep! About anyone else's potty but mine

Rick installed 2 TOTO toilets for a customer yesterday. One of the lids had a sticker with a big that said upgrade to a washlet. Rick got a piece of wax paper from the customer to save the sticker. (I didn't know any of this had occurred) When I got up this morning it was on the inside of our lid
        That is funny!!!!! Yes that should be my avatar

Comment

Took the GreenPlumbers "Caring for Our Water" workshop in January. John Koeller really knows his way around a wc. He's been involved with the CUWCC testing from the get go. Watching the miso, I mean soy paste, travel down the line was a "treat". I'd recommend his course to any and all. As for my preference in potties, it's Toto hands down. I put in a couple of hundred a year and rarely get a call back. And when I do, it's usually about line carry and not toilet function.
          Scott

Comment

I have put in a few TOTOs and have been impressed as well. I hate Eljers. I am also a fan of the Kohler three bolt tank to bowl connection for stability but lots of manufacturers are sending those little rubbery blocks to put between the tank and bowls so it is usually not an issue. I haven't put a Kohler in for awhile so I can't comment on them, again, I just like the three bolt design.

Comment

I recommend Totos. I'm no big fan of Kohler/Sterling. The three-bolt system is more difficult to install, though I have a special wrench to get that back bolt. I set the bowl first, then attach the tank.

One of the things I like about Toto is that the parts are relatively standard. Even though the flapper and fill valve are special, they greatly resemble earlier standard toilet parts. No weird O-rings to fail or difficult-to-find parts, which is certainly common with Kohler. And what's less standardized than American Standard?

It would be nice if American Standard would increase the size of their tank-to-bowl bolts. Those flimsy bolts are an insult.

Because of Kohler's thin tank-to-bowl washer, I've had some that were too deformed to seal.

I use the American Standard toilet-in-a-box for my "budget" toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by glkearns View Post
                I have 3 caravelle's round front in my garage, I wasn't at all impressed with the 3 I installed for a client so havn't bothered to install them at my house. They(caroma caravelle 305) left yellow tinge in the bowl on the .8gpf, and was not very complete with the bulk removal on the 1.6gpf full flush. The owner of the project where they are installed gave them a good report as far as the plunger goes though.

Greg
                So I broke down and installed 2 of the 3 caroma's, and I must say, the bulk removal is good, however, the .8 gpf does leave some yellow, and my wife hates the way they look, she'll get over it, or maybe i can dress it up with a novelty toilet seat or something...

Greg

Comment

So I broke down and installed 2 of the 3 caroma's, and I must say, the bulk removal is good, however, the .8 gpf does leave some yellow, and my wife hates the way they look, she'll get over it, or maybe i can dress it up with a novelty toilet seat or something...

Greg
                  I've got just the one!
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Those freak her out too.
                    Greg

Comment

Those freak her out too.
                      Greg
                      Alright, but you can't blame a girl for tryin'
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Pic of one of the caroma's installed in the kids bath
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by glkearns; 06-25-2008, 12:02 AM. Reason: photo didnt add

Comment

I prefer the Kohler cimmerons the best as far as flushing goes. The Totos are great toilets also but it took me a month just to get a Toto flapper for a customer lately so Its hard for me to reccomend a product that in my area is to difficult to get parts to sevice. If its for a customer that doesnt want to spend a lot of money though I would go with the mansfield 160 / 130 as the the parts are readily available at any suppl house or even Home Depot has the flush vale gaskets

Comment

I think I prefer something like the Toto Soiree.
                            Good flush and Lowes has the flappers and the fill valve parts.

Good flush, good rinse, and easy to clean.
                            I also like the seat. Slow close you know, I wonder how many bathrooms I will be doing?
                            Obama the Plumber

Comment

I like Kohler. EXCEPT the Class 5 Cimaron. I put one (class 5) in my house and hated it. It did not flush good. Took it back. Installed Kohler Portriat and it works good. Wellworths flush good. Now, ifn all you want to flush is golf balls , then by all means get you a class 5.

Have had good results with the Mansfield also.

Comment

In my mind and my personal preference from experience the TOTO Drake is the one of choice. I read on another post today also that it is not so much the solid waste but the type of paper used that can cause the major clogs. I have seen paper that begins to dissolve the moment it hits the water and other that might sit there all afternoon and not dissolve...thus the clog.

Comment

Working...
                                X