X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toilet Preferances....

Argg! A couple of weeks ago, I asked about a replacement toilet, and was told the American Standard Champion 4 is a good one to get. Now I find that y'all hate the American Standard toilets, and my special order just came in. Why didn't someone tell me?

As Bill noted above, TOTO are not available around here. When he was here at the house, he said he had trouble getting parts for them. Bill and Mike are going to put a new tub/shower in for me, and do the install on the new toilet and sink.
    Steve
    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by smorris View Post
      Argg! A couple of weeks ago, I asked about a replacement toilet, and was told the American Standard Champion 4 is a good one to get. Now I find that y'all hate the American Standard toilets, and my special order just came in. Why didn't someone tell me?

Sorry Steve, it's always been a plumbers prerogative to change his mind

You'll be very happy with the AS Champion.......til it wakes you up in the middle of the night

Comment

What does everyone think of the Gerber Viper?We get them for $80 reg and $120 ADA.

Comment

I Installed my first Champion 4 in my house to give it a try. I agree with the tank bolt issues but that aside it works great. I think it is more self cleaning than the Cimmeron. I also like the Proflo (Briggs) for a jippo $50 toilet, flushes 600 grams. I am probably alone on these two though. I am anti Kohler right now because of the awefull new stuff they are comming out with. You can not estimate the install time correct.

Comment

TOTO , Are there any other ? Have Two in our home,never a problem ?
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I'm thinking Kohler

Comment

While Toto toilets are great, the price is just a little ridiculous. For quality and a lower price, I would recommend the new flushing system by Kohler the Class 6. It's a mixture between the Ingenium and Class 5. So it has the siphon jet at the base of the bowl, as well as the good swirl action around the rim. But, it's currently only available in the Cimarron model. Also, it's rated very high in the cosumer reports!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  I'm thinking Kohler
                  Originally posted by plumbergirl12 View Post
                  While Toto toilets are great, the price is just a little ridiculous. For quality and a lower price, I would recommend the new flushing system by Kohler the Class 6. It's a mixture between the Ingenium and Class 5. So it has the siphon jet at the base of the bowl, as well as the good swirl action around the rim. But, it's currently only available in the Cimarron model. Also, it's rated very high in the cosumer reports!
                  LOL I knew it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
                    What does everyone think of the Gerber Viper?We get them for $80 reg and $120 ADA.

I install tons of Vipers a year, they are great. I do like the Gerber Avalanche better, slightly better flush.
                    IMO the Gerbers just can't be beat. The Avalanche has the highest flush rating available, it's got to be the easiest fastest toilet I've ever installed. You really don't even need tools to attach the tank. 3" standard flapper flush valve, 2" glazed trap, powerful extra front rim jets, they look great. Prices are terrific. What more could you ask for, really?

Comment

Toto drake

Comment

i prefer outhouses =p

Comment

I install Gerber Vipers and Avalanches. Great flushing toilets for a low price. I like them so much, i had the rep. give me truck decals.

Comment

I think the toilet manufacturers should just have a toilet competition. where they invite a bunch of pro's to test them out. First they have an all you can taco bell lunch and then the testing begins. Finally we would be able to lay this issue to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                              I think the toilet manufacturers should just have a toilet competition. where they invite a bunch of pro's to test them out. First they have an all you can taco bell lunch and then the testing begins. Finally we would be able to lay this issue to rest.
                              Taco Bell would make it not much of a competition - Other than on the amount of paper! make it a cheese lovers festival and get all the participants to regroup 48 hours later! Then you will have a solid waste flushing competition!

Comment

Working...
                              X