X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Preferances....

Just curious as to what you guys prefer...say in your house.Its weird,I need a toilet,and suddenly I realise I have no idea what is even decent...all I ever put in,is the crap thats spec'ed out for the jobs (p.o.s. gerbers or flush valves)...and since I don't do service,thats all I ever see..

So whats a decent 1 or 2 piece toilet less then $400?...I'm not looking for a kohler fountainhead...A/S Cadet?..kohler Cimarron? Recomendations please.

Re: Toilet Preferances....

I like the Toto Drake, and the Kohler Cimarron. Although I don't like the tank to bowl connection on the Cimarron.
    Brent

Comment

I had 3 track house specials, was plunging at least 4 times a week, got 1 cimmaron, and now the plunge factor is down to 1 a month or so. Can't go wrong with the cimmeron

Greg

Comment

Alright, two options if you want a good toilet that will not be a pain in the @$$ to service and will not have problems flushing. I would only use the Kohler Cimmaron, or the Mansfield Alto. The Kohler with the decorative bowl and tank that I have is always getting stopped up. The Kohler has a better fill valve than the Mansfield but the ring on the flush valve is not going to be as readily available, as is likely to be a lot more costly. Just stay away from the toilet-in-a-box deals and you will be OK. No Crane, American Standard, Universal Rundle, they all are crappity, crap, crap, crap. No one piece toilets either as they are also a nightmare.
        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Plumbers really like the Class 5 models. (Cimmaron etc.) But I prefer the regular type as they keep the water in the bowl longer allowing some cleaning of the bowl.

Some don't like them, but I've had no complaints or callbacks with a simple Kohler Wellworth.

But if you can take the noise, I like any model with the Sloan Flushmate in the back for power.

J.C.

Comment

Anything Kohler. (thats a memoirs™ model in my avatar)
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I think you should install a TOTO. A perfect accompaniment would then be a TOTO bidet washlet. I have one to sell you: brand new-still in box-gift wrapped!

I will sell it at cost
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                Plumbers really like the Class 5 models. (Cimmaron etc.) But I prefer the regular type as they keep the water in the bowl longer allowing some cleaning of the bowl.

Some don't like them, but I've had no complaints or callbacks with a simple Kohler Wellworth.

But if you can take the noise, I like any model with the Sloan Flushmate in the back for power.

J.C.
                I will have to agree, the Cimmaron has a very low water level and you will end up keeping a cleaning brush sitting beside it. Wellworth is nice as well. Flushmates are too noisy as it will certainly wake your wife out of bed in the middle of the night.

Comment

Totos are awesome too. (The japanese have the most advanced toilets in the world.)
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                    Totos are awesome too. (The japanese have the most advanced toilets in the world.)
                    We had miniature ones as centerpieces at our wedding
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

lets not forget about our australian friends either.

look at the caroma's.

if you ever need to flush a potato, this is the one

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Yes, if you have $400 to spend on a toilet I would probably go with the Caroma Caravelle. Gotta love their mounting system. The enclosed trapway, and snap-on seat are big selling features. I don't think it will be too many years into the future where toilets will be reduced to .8 GPF. Soon we will just all be back to going in an outhouse. They were true water conservatives

Comment

Originally posted by BAPlumber View Post
                          I like the Toto Drake, and the Kohler Cimarron. Although I don't like the tank to bowl connection on the Cimarron.
                          I don't know what's going on with the cimarron but managers at two different supply houses who are better friends than salesman told me they are seeing more than necessary numbers coming back."Even though the bowl porceline looks uniform it's not holding a seal".Both state they think it has to do with the washer being too thin to deal with slight bowl imperfections.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                            Yes, if you have $400 to spend on a toilet I would probably go with the Caroma Caravelle. Gotta love their mounting system. The enclosed trapway, and snap-on seat are big selling features. I don't think it will be too many years into the future where toilets will be reduced to .8 GPF. Soon we will just all be back to going in an outhouse. They were true water conservatives
                            I have 3 caravelle's round front in my garage, I wasn't at all impressed with the 3 I installed for a client so havn't bothered to install them at my house. They(caroma caravelle 305) left yellow tinge in the bowl on the .8gpf, and was not very complete with the bulk removal on the 1.6gpf full flush. The owner of the project where they are installed gave them a good report as far as the plunger goes though.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by glkearns View Post
                              I have 3 caravelle's round front in my garage, I wasn't at all impressed with the 3 I installed for a client so havn't bothered to install them at my house. They(caroma caravelle 305) left yellow tinge in the bowl on the .8gpf, and was not very complete with the bulk removal on the 1.6gpf full flush. The owner of the project where they are installed gave them a good report as far as the plunger goes though.

Greg
                              Kind of preferential to the 270 but are you interested in selling?
                              Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 06-19-2008, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X