X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad 1" Copper tee.

Good question. I've got to say that regardless of what's happening that ProPress, pressurized lines, and vibration don't mix based on what I've heard. That's the way I'm going to approach things.

I worry too much.

J.C.

Comment

I've made no secret of the fact that I'm not a big fan of Propress, I kinda chalk it up in the same category as Sharkbite...NO offense to those who likes it.

Someone mentioned that Propress's seal is made by the crimp and not the O-ring...I find that hard to believe, completely.
      If that were the case, I could simply crimp standard copper fittings and expect to see no weeping.

As for vibration...time will tell, there are countless installations where vibration is par for the course with potential water hammer as well as solenoid valves along the water supply...again, time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
        I've made no secret of the fact that I'm not a big fan of Propress, I kinda chalk it up in the same category as Sharkbite...NO offense to those who likes it.

Someone mentioned that Propress's seal is made by the crimp and not the O-ring...I find that hard to believe, completely.
        If that were the case, I could simply crimp standard copper fittings and expect to see no weeping.

As for vibration...time will tell, there are countless installations where vibration is par for the course with potential water hammer as well as solenoid valves along the water supply...again, time will tell.
        i dont use it so this is my 2 cents

dont you think they put the pipe through the toughest test before the went to market .
        im not sure but the crimp holds the pipe from coming apart and the o ring makes the seal
        if you have so much water hammer you better put vibration isolators on your pipe

now for my 5 cents wait until rick reads this he will clear it up
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
          i dont use it so this is my 2 cents

dont you think they put the pipe through the toughest test before the went to market .
          im not sure but the crimp holds the pipe from coming apart and the o ring makes the seal
          if you have so much water hammer you better put vibration isolators on your pipe

now for my 5 cents wait until rick reads this he will clear it up
          Someone had stated that the O-rings were only a back-up seal...the crimp makes the seal (?!?)
          As for air chambers, yeah they work, but after awhile the get waterlogged, I'd certainly hope you wouldn't have to install air chambers for the sole purpose of accomodating the use of Propress.
          As for Rick, well...I'm guessing the solution has a K-60 involved....

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
            Someone had stated that the O-rings were only a back-up seal...the crimp makes the seal (?!?)
            As for air chambers, yeah they work, but after awhile the get waterlogged, I'd certainly hope you wouldn't have to install air chambers for the sole purpose of accomodating the use of Propress.
            As for Rick, well...I'm guessing the solution has a K-60 involved....
            He likes the propress next best We first saw the proress being used in Europe on our honeymoon. It holds up tried and true. Wish you could have seen the production of it at the roundup and seen all the tests and engineering that go into making sure they seal and work properly. As hawk said, wait til Rick gets home and he will give you the mumbo jumbo specifics
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
            X