X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring under sidewalks?

Any suggestions for boring water lines/sewer lines under sidewalks? Would't be practical for any type of pipe pulling setup for this short of a run in my opinion. Also, running water in a pipe or with a "pipe borer" (Just a straight sprayer on the end) do not have the power to do anything.

We have hard clay & sandrock typically. Thanks for all inputs.

J.C.

Re: Boring under sidewalks?

Do a google search for Hydrozion Auger.

Comment

The water will get the job done You just need more pressure for some terrain. A pressure washer should work.

Comment

Look up "perfecto products" and look in their catalog for a hydro drill.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Look up "perfecto products" and look in their catalog for a hydro drill.
          Also known a a Hydrozion Auger.

Comment

Is there a different spelling? I'm sure we're talking about the exact same thing but I only got 2 hits in google. Is perfecto the only manfactor?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Is there a different spelling? I'm sure we're talking about the exact same thing but I only got 2 hits in google. Is perfecto the only manfactor?

I'm probably spelling it wrong, I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed. They are sold locally here by a company called Richard Specialty.

Comment

Ditto. Only 2 hits. And one of them is a private plumbing company. There is a question? hit for a Hydrogen Auger!

I don't think I should be using one of those.

J.C.

Comment

This is it. GJ was right on it being made by Perfecto, the one our shop has is thirty some years old, so they probably changed the name.

Comment

We use to do 40-60 foot water mains under driveways with the Hydro-Drill all the tine. It is a great little tool.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks to all for sending me in the right direction. I also found a similar product just before Utahs last post made by Wheeler Rex if anybody else needs something like it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Killertoiletspider View Post
                        This is it. GJ was right on it being made by Perfecto, the one our shop has is thirty some years old, so they probably changed the name.
                        Wow, what a great resource! Have any of you used their sweat plugs?

http://www.perfectoproducts.net/inde...age=sure-sweat
                        spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Originally posted by spodelee View Post

No, I haven't, we have two or three Jet Swet kits at the shop, but most of our work is in high rises where we just schedule a riser shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by spodelee View Post

Absolute crap. Bread works better and a jet swet works better than that.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Absolute crap. Bread works better and a jet swet works better than that.
                              Don't hold back Ben. Tell us what you really think.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X