Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leak location

Originally posted by bacskcah View Post
    I'm new to this forum so maybe I'm confused, but what the hell is going on in this thread. Workers in bare feet hacking the front landing of what looks like a very expensive house over the course of a week or so to REPAIR PVC????!!! Maybe I'm missing something but wouldn't it be easier to line bore a new pex service? A fast permanent solution or a laborious ugly repair. I would hate to go back to that job a few years later when the next part of the pvc cracks.

Well, I sure I would've done SOME things differently looking back but line boring couldn't have been one of them.
    8-10 years ago when this house was built, the irrigation contractor didn't put a cut off at his tie in on the main water service. We don't even know where the tie in is. The r.p. device is not very far from where this leak is.
    The are two main cut-offs in the house and one off them was directly in line with this leak.
    So, not knowing where any of the branches were we risked bypassing them only to have them leak from the backside. (you know, it's alot easier to explain things face to face than typing!)

As it turned out, the leak is on the main line, about 1 foot from the tee where it branches to feed either side of the house. And it all is right under that brick wall/blue stone landing. We still don't know where the irrigation is tied in.
    Hope that helps.

P.s. later pics will show how the installer used too much glue which deformed the fitting, possibly leading to the crack that was the leak.

p.s.s. Of course, when they ran this line, they had no idea this brick wall etc would be put there.
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Leak location

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
      Well, I sure I would've done SOME things differently looking back but line boring couldn't have been one of them.
      8-10 years ago when this house was built, the irrigation contractor didn't put a cut off at his tie in on the main water service. We don't even know where the tie in is. The r.p. device is not very far from where this leak is.
      The are two main cut-offs in the house and one off them was directly in line with this leak.
      So, not knowing where any of the branches were we risked bypassing them only to have them leak from the backside. (you know, it's alot easier to explain things face to face than typing!)

As it turned out, the leak is on the main line, about 1 foot from the tee where it branches to feed either side of the house. And it all is right under that brick wall/blue stone landing. We still don't know where the irrigation is tied in.
      Hope that helps.

P.s. later pics will show how the installer used too much glue which deformed the fitting, possibly leading to the crack that was the leak.

p.s.s. Of course, when they ran this line, they had no idea this brick wall etc would be put there.
      Boy Howdy It would be nice to live ware the frost is so shallow I could hand dig a water main!!
      I bet your happy that job is done

Comment

Working...
      X