Speechless

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Speechless

Thanks for posting that Okie. Now I know I'm not the only one that has to deal with that.

Had a customer that installed their own water heater that looked something like that. The asked me to just make that transition from copper to pex.

I did as they asked, but I refused to pressurize the system and I demanded payment immediately. (We bill out 30 days).
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

You do realize this is the work of several hardware store trips and the EXPERT advice availible therefrom! Things like this are whats going thru the minds of homeowners as the have that blank stare in the store isle as they hold the adapters and rub their chins staring in deep artistic desperation. If you havent seen this look go to the store and see!
      Greg

Comment

Originally posted by ramplum View Post
        You do realize this is the work of several hardware store trips and the EXPERT advice availible therefrom! Things like this are whats going thru the minds of homeowners as the have that blank stare in the store isle as they hold the adapters and rub their chins staring in deep artistic desperation. If you havent seen this look go to the store and see!
        Greg
        I have seen it many times, classic, you are so right on!
        Last edited by Service Guy; 06-26-2008, 12:51 PM.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Gee thanks Bill, thought you said you wouldn't show anyone my home pics! At least I never said I was a plumber.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I call it turkey in the rain syndrome. You see it all the time at home depot and lowe's. People standing in the aisle, blank stare, open mouth, not a freekin clue. And along comes the man with the shiney orange vest to put the screws to the poor bastards. You can screw it up, Home Depot can help.

5 bucks says all that pb was bought at H.D. Them and hardware stores are the only fools still selling the crap.
            sigpic

Comment

what is "qest pb "?
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Qest Polybutylene. The gray piping with bad installations and "subject" fittings.

J.C.

Comment

"Qest" is a dirty word in plumbing circles.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                    "Qest" is a dirty word in plumbing circles.
                    I love qest pipe. Replacing it payed for my house.
                    The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by ramplum View Post
                      You do realize this is the work of several hardware store trips and the EXPERT advice available therefrom! Things like this are whats going thru the minds of homeowners as the have that blank stare in the store isle as they hold the adapters and rub their chins staring in deep artistic desperation. If you haven't seen this look go to the store and see!
                      Greg
                      I LOVE THAT LOOK, NOW THAT I AM DISABLED AND LIVING ON A FIXED INCOME I RIDE UP TO THE HO. IN MY SCOOTER AND OFFER TO HELP THEM GET THE RIGHT PARTS AND GIVE THEM A EXPLANATION ON HOW TO DO THE WORK FOR X AMOUNT OF DOLLARS CASH !
                      AND ALSO GIVE THEM MY CARD IF THEY WANT ME TO COME OUT AND TELL THEM IN PERSON HOW TO DO CORRECTLY
                      JERRYMAC
                      E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                      CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                      FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                      SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

You tellem Jerrymac!

Call me this weekend....I "finally" got the product and need to know what ya want. I hear it's hot out there....send it my way!
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                        X