• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OkieBill
    started a topic Speechless

Speechless

Real Estate Inspection for the Buyer

I was impressed to see every available piping medium used in this particular installation.

CPVC
    Black Iron
    Galv Steel
    PB
    Pex
    Washer Hose
    DAP was used for thread sealant

• DUNBAR PLUMBING
    replied
    Re: Speechless

You tellem Jerrymac!

Call me this weekend....I "finally" got the product and need to know what ya want. I hear it's hot out there....send it my way!

Leave a comment:

• JERRYMAC
    replied

Originally posted by ramplum View Post
    You do realize this is the work of several hardware store trips and the EXPERT advice available therefrom! Things like this are whats going thru the minds of homeowners as the have that blank stare in the store isle as they hold the adapters and rub their chins staring in deep artistic desperation. If you haven't seen this look go to the store and see!
    Greg
    I LOVE THAT LOOK, NOW THAT I AM DISABLED AND LIVING ON A FIXED INCOME I RIDE UP TO THE HO. IN MY SCOOTER AND OFFER TO HELP THEM GET THE RIGHT PARTS AND GIVE THEM A EXPLANATION ON HOW TO DO THE WORK FOR X AMOUNT OF DOLLARS CASH !
    AND ALSO GIVE THEM MY CARD IF THEY WANT ME TO COME OUT AND TELL THEM IN PERSON HOW TO DO CORRECTLY

Leave a comment:

• rick1643
    replied

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
    "Qest" is a dirty word in plumbing circles.
    I love qest pipe. Replacing it payed for my house.

Leave a comment:

• DuckButter
    replied

"Qest" is a dirty word in plumbing circles.

Leave a comment:

• BobsPlumbing
    replied

Qest Polybutylene. The gray piping with bad installations and "subject" fittings.

J.C.

Leave a comment:

• FINER9998
    replied

what is "qest pb "?

Leave a comment:

• NHMaster3015
    replied

I call it turkey in the rain syndrome. You see it all the time at home depot and lowe's. People standing in the aisle, blank stare, open mouth, not a freekin clue. And along comes the man with the shiney orange vest to put the screws to the poor bastards. You can screw it up, Home Depot can help.

5 bucks says all that pb was bought at H.D. Them and hardware stores are the only fools still selling the crap.

Leave a comment:

• papadan
    replied

Gee thanks Bill, thought you said you wouldn't show anyone my home pics! At least I never said I was a plumber.

Leave a comment:

• Service Guy
    replied

Originally posted by ramplum View Post
    You do realize this is the work of several hardware store trips and the EXPERT advice availible therefrom! Things like this are whats going thru the minds of homeowners as the have that blank stare in the store isle as they hold the adapters and rub their chins staring in deep artistic desperation. If you havent seen this look go to the store and see!
    Greg
    I have seen it many times, classic, you are so right on!
    Last edited by Service Guy; 06-26-2008, 12:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ramplum
    replied

You do realize this is the work of several hardware store trips and the EXPERT advice availible therefrom! Things like this are whats going thru the minds of homeowners as the have that blank stare in the store isle as they hold the adapters and rub their chins staring in deep artistic desperation. If you havent seen this look go to the store and see!
    Greg

Leave a comment:

• Tyman
    replied

Thanks for posting that Okie. Now I know I'm not the only one that has to deal with that.

Had a customer that installed their own water heater that looked something like that. The asked me to just make that transition from copper to pex.

I did as they asked, but I refused to pressurize the system and I demanded payment immediately. (We bill out 30 days).

Leave a comment:

• toolaholic
    replied
    Re: Speechless we wire for fire!!!!!

can you go back and look at the elec.? this guy should be led through town in a cage.

Leave a comment:

• NorthernIllinoisPlumber
    replied

Recycle your materials...literally!

Leave a comment:

• BobsPlumbing
    replied

Wish I could have thanked you twice for that last post Bill.

J.C.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X