X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lo Voc Cements

Wondering if any of the plumbers were using LO VOC Cements and if so there experiences?

If not, should we all for long term health effects?

J.C.

Re: Lo Voc Cements

I'm pretty sure all the ABS glue that I use is Lo VOC, no probs, when glued correctly.

Greg

Comment

Lo-Voc=more leaks
      number aquired through thousands of fittings installed by different plumbers.When I saw the previous formula of ABS sitting on the shelves at Home Depot I bought a six month supply.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Lo-Voc=more leaks
        number aquired through thousands of fittings installed by different plumbers.When I saw the previous formula of ABS sitting on the shelves at Home Depot I bought a six month supply.
        What about PVC Adam?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          What about PVC Adam?

J.C.
          About the same,Ferguson sells a certain brand that gives us a hard time.It's so light in color.We've learned to deal with it.
          Scary when you're doing 6".

Comment

I've used the gorilla brand and had good results. The only drawback I can find is that it's a bit thinner and runnier than reqular glue, so it tends to run down your arm if you're working overhead.
            sigpic

Comment

Do you (anyone) use Regular, Medium, or Heavy body glue for up to 6"?

Got where I pretty much use Heavy. No leaks in a long time.

J.C.

Comment

Occasional leaks, probably caused by using old, partially solidified cement. We use PVC mostly on condensate lines and once a can has been opened, I like to use it all up. That's why I only buy PVC cement in 4 and 8 ounce cans. On condensate in mechanical rooms I only use clear cement and primer. Makes the job look a little cleaner. Ordering directly from the manufacturer allows me to buy exactly what I want, in the size and quantity I want. As for brands, I usually go with Oatey, Harvey's or Weld-On for ABS cement. And Weld-On for Wet-Dry PVC cement (because my guys were getting leaks with Oatey's wet dry).

Comment

Thank-you for the advice on probable cause of leaks.
                  A three man crew would go through over a gallon of the stuff in a day.This is mostly on production ground work,sometimes top out.
                  Glue drying out was not part of the lack of bonding issue with our lo-voc.

Adam

Comment

Working...
                  X