Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's getting crazy out there,Mad max time, is here!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's getting crazy out there,Mad max time, is here!

At the lumber yard Mon,here's the story.Guy Plans on pouring slab Mon. A.M.No can do,They stole the re-bar over the weekend ! A couple of weeks ago the S.F. Plumbing inspector tells Me this story. Goes to inspect Rough ,for a large Comm. Bldg. Says to the foreman "You guys
    know better ,than to use black iron for water!" "Look closer Steve, We've gone to painting our copper black. Thieves think it's iron. Bolt it DOWN Tool.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: It's getting crazy out there,Mad max time, is here!

Did I read that right? People out there theiving steel now??

Crazy times.

Greg

Comment

Hi Greg,That's right. I buy from Vanbebber bros. in petaluma. Just priced 2000 lbs. of 3x10 channel. $1.00 a pound = $2000.00 + tax. Price from Albany steel in Richmond ,almost $2800.These are to reinforce a above ground parking deck. fir beams are failing. They added asphalt over the concrete slab. Wasn't engineered for that double load ,back in the 60's
      I also weld. Welders are giving 4 days on bidding,It's changing faster than copper. A fact.
      If in 2004 You bought a $mill. dollars of processed junk cars [shreaded metal] or 1 mill. of gold,and sold the iron today,You'd be $350,000 ahead today. Now which is the precious metal? See Wall-e with the kids Tool
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Wall-E is on the list of flicks to take the kids to. Hopefully the Solano Drive in plays it.

Greg

Comment

sending You a private message greg

Comment

Working...
          X