X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An excellent career opportunity in Fresno, Ca

Originally posted by spodelee View Post
    Oh my, what did I get myself into...

Fresno sucks. The air quality is terrible and bums are everywhere. I have to sleep with a 45 under my pillow. Rent starts at 3000 a month and skiing, golfing and fishing have been banned by the county.

LOL - just kiddin'!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      No disrespect Dunbar, but what do you pay your employees in KY? Or if you have none, what would you?

Also, it's spodelee's business. He can pay $5/hr. or $500.00/hr. if he wants and it's kind of none of our business to criticize. And remember, this is his first emplyee towards his plumbing side. If things go well, he might look to increase their salary quickly.

All I'm saying is he's taking a pretty good risk and chance that's costing him more up front than any employee.

Give him a break.

J.C.

P.S. alot of shops in N.C. will MAX OUT your salary at $25.00/hr. last I checked. And yes I know the differences in economies between Cali. & N.C. Good luck Spodelee!
      I pay my master Plumber $50.00 an hour or 1/2 of what the job makes and we are in Kansas for god sakes. It`s the land of minimum wage @ 5.85 an hour.
      If he was only a Journeyman I would only pay him 15 to 20.00 an hour.
      He`s got to have a master plumber to be able to do plumbing and they aint cheap
      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 06-29-2008, 06:19 PM.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        I pay my master Plumber $50.00 an hour or 1/2 of what the job makes and we are in Kansas for god sakes. It`s the land of minimum wage @ 5.85 an hour.
        You're getting a deal,hold on to it.

Comment

Trust me I am he`s always saying that`s to much come payday and I just tell em, take it we`ll make more

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            You're getting a deal,hold on to it.
            That is a good deal. I'd charge more than that. But a shop "owner" here will not pay an employee more than $25/hr. last I checked. Regardless of license and experience.

But that is an employee with all the expenses a company has to handle involving having that employee. Insurance, vehicle, insurance on that vehicle, taxes, etc.

Not just subcontracting a licensed individual.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              That is a good deal. I'd charge more than that.

J.C.
              With my master plumber I go 1/2 on many jobs, some that are 25,000.00.
              Our job at Wal-Mart was 13,000.00 and we only had about 30 hours in it.
              I`d say I pay pretty good and we work off my INS
              He owns his own plumbing Co and returns the good job`s as well. It`s how the world should work. You help me and I help you
              We have a very good deal between us I think.

Comment

He owns his own plumbing Co and returns the good job`s as well. It`s how the world should work. You help me and I help you
                That is a fair deal. I think I might move to Kansas & see if we can make a deal.

That way we could argue face to face everyday!

J.C.

Comment

Thats a no-no here. They call that covering.

Comment

WE ARE LOOKING FOR A JOURNEYMAN LEVEL PLUMBER WITH NO LESS THAN 5 YEARS OF PROFESSIONAL PLUMBING EXPERIENCE.

I don't think that would be a Master Plumber, and I would also tend to think its a good wage for a 5 yr in the trade. The bennies brings that up to a very decent wage. Maybe it isn't diddly squat in the top major cities, but a man can take care of his family with that. Plus, pay increase when they can prove what they are made of. Less headaches when not having to run a business too...
                    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Two good prospects thus far - a forked horn with energy and spirit, and a six point with poise and wisdom... hmmm, what's an employer to do?
                      spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

That's a no no ,in NY ? One more reason We don't live there. If we did ,We'd all be blue ,just like You.
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          That's a no no ,in NY ? One more reason We don't live there. If we did ,We'd all be blue ,just like You.
                          You think Im blue? What ever gave you that impression son? Get to the point if you want to say something, otherwise I dont believe I was talking to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                            I'm packing my bags. CA here I come!!
                            I think the ad calls for 5 years of Professional Plumbing Experience. But it would be an excellent way for you to get it!
                            sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Originally posted by boillerman View Post
                              I think the ad calls for 5 years of Professional Plumbing Experience. But it would be an excellent way for you to get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                                Thats a no-no here. They call that covering.
                                Covering what?
                                When we are on my time it`s my INS, when we are on his time it`s his INS.
                                He works for me and I work for him.
                                I`ve never heard of not being able to have more then one job?

Comment

Working...
                                X