Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An excellent career opportunity in Fresno, Ca

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    Covering what?
    When we are on my time it`s my INS, when we are on his time it`s his INS.
    He works for me and I work for him.
    I`ve never heard of not being able to have more then one job?
    Even in California you would be required to have a clear contract showing one is a sub to the other or you could be in trouble.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Covering what?
      When we are on my time it`s my INS, when we are on his time it`s his INS.
      He works for me and I work for him.
      I`ve never heard of not being able to have more then one job?
      Ok it looks like Ive pissed some off with my comments, so here it goes.

If you are not a licensed plumber, you cant just "hire" a master and consider your company licensed. You are basically just "renting" a master plumber. It is illegal to do that here. If you are not licensed as the owner, how can you properly supervise or direct your "employees"?

It is like you are trying to "pull a fast one" over the licensing board.

I don't know how to state it clearer. I hope you guys get my point. It's almost like you undermine the licensing system.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
        Ok it looks like Ive pissed some off with my comments, so here it goes.

If you are not a licensed plumber, you cant just "hire" a master and consider your company licensed. You are basically just "renting" a master plumber. It is illegal to do that here. If you are not licensed as the owner, how can you properly supervise or direct your "employees"?

It is like you are trying to "pull a fast one" over the licensing board.

I don't know how to state it clearer. I hope you guys get my point. It's almost like you undermine the licensing system.
        I do believe this is legal in my state, in fact there is one company in this town that did this for 15-20 years. Until his sons got old enough and went for their license, then the company went off the oldest boy license. Perfectly legal.....

("how can you properly supervise or direct your "employees"?) The master Plumber does the supervising and directs the employees, owner usually does the scheduling and helps with the bids and so forth.....
        Last edited by garager; 07-01-2008, 08:35 PM.
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

No one pissed here
          I see what your saying
          I am licensed under him ( I do have a Card with a city number on it in my back pocket at all times, one with his Co and one for my Co in another City) and I also work for him but he also works for me from time to time.
          But yes some could and might look at it the way you explained it
          It`s all good here
          Oh and when he`s on site his Word is over mine so he is the one that is supervising and or directing our employees.
          We had that problem with one of my guys asking who they had to listen too....lol
          I told em if he says jump you better ask "How High!"
          There is only one Chief on site and he is the master plumber!
          Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 07-01-2008, 08:40 PM.
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
            I do believe this is legal in my state, in fact there is one company in this town that did this for 15-20 years. Until his sons got old enough and went for their license, then the company went off the oldest boy license. Perfectly legal.....

("how can you properly supervise or direct your "employees"?) The master Plumber does the supervising and directs the employees, owner usually does the scheduling and helps with the bids and so forth.....
            Im glad I do not reside in your state then. Why even have a license if its legal to just rent a master for a specific job?

Happy renting!

Comment

So If I called you up and said I have 15 homes that need 200` of sewer laid each you wouldn`t come work for my shop because I pay you to do the job`s?

Comment

So If I called you up and said I have 15 homes that need 200` of sewer laid each you wouldn`t come work for my shop because I pay you to do the job`s?
                If you own xyz sewers and are not licensed you cant do that job, even if you hire me, Joe Blow, with a masters license. You are trying to rent me. If you sub the job to abc plumbing (Joe Blows COMPANY) then yes I can do the job. So I guess the answer would be no I'm not working for you!

Comment

Then you`ll miss the boat as I pay some pretty big RENT
                  Rent....lol.... I gonna tell my plumber he`s for rent and see what he say`s tomorrow...

Comment

Then you`ll miss the boat as I pay some pretty big RENT
                    Rent....lol.... I gonna tell my plumber he`s for rent and see what he say`s tomorrow...
                    I dont think I would be missing the boat. USUALLY if a Master is good he is too busy to be rented. Why would I run the job and do the work and want to give YOU or anyone else for that matter half of the job or worse yet work for you for your $50/hr?

Comment

because I get the jobs and I dig the jobs and I back fill the jobs and so on.
                      It`s cool
                      I`m for RENT every day, that`s why I get these jobs. every person that calls me is renting me in your books, I call it paying for a service but you call it RENT...hummmm

Is the glass 1/2 full or ??????

Comment

because I get the jobs and I dig the jobs and I back fill the jobs and so on.
                        It`s cool
                        I`m for RENT every day, that`s why I get these jobs. every person that calls me is renting me in your books, I call it paying for a service but you call it RENT...hummmm

Is the glass 1/2 full or ??????
                        It is cool. That's what the code/law states here. Bottom line is if the master plumber does not own 51% of the company,and prove it, that company can not do plumbing (legally)

Yes we are all for rent as contractors, but doing what you do here, is considered a crime.

Anyone can dig and backfill!

Comment

But Not just anyone can hook the big fish

Comment

But Not just anyone can hook the big fish
                            I truely wish you all the best. I was simply explaining what code here is. Good luck.

Comment

Don't hate the players, just the game
                              I understand, It`s cool and it was nice to talk to some one that didn't get their panties in a wad for once

Comment

Don't hate the players, just the game
                                I understand, It`s cool and it was nice to talk to some one that didn't get their panties in a wad for once
                                The player?

Kansas has players?

Comment

Working...
                                X