X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Standard one piece toilet...30+ years

I want to rebuild the inards, but cannot find parts. Anyone have a lead for me? The only number I could get off the tank was K77. Thanks for any info.

Re: American Standard one piece toilet...30+ years

allied supply 773 376 5277
    community 773 902 1915

have genuine replacement parts

where in Ill are you

Comment

Replace it if at all possible, you'll be much happier, and so will the customer. I have rebuilt a few old American standard one-pieces in my day, the parts are outrageously expensive, hard to get and hard to install, next time I see one (its been awhile) I am installing a new toilet or walking away.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I am in lake county. I did suggest replacement, however the toilet is dark brown, and the homeowner may remodel in the next year. I know they will be $$$ but as far as rebuilding...looks PIA to me.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
          I want to rebuild the inards, but cannot find parts. Anyone have a lead for me? The only number I could get off the tank was K77. Thanks for any info.
          K77 is the color of the toilet. Did you check the tank or the lid. 30 year old American Standard toilet is too generic of a description. Is it one piece, two piece.

Does it look something like this a (#4 flush valve) http://www.plumbingsupply.com/images...ating-unit.jpg They're very easy to replace. let me know if I can help you.

Comment

sounds from your description that it's a vent away toilet.

parts are avaliable, but i need to run a credit check on you first

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              sounds from your description that it's a vent away toilet.

parts are avaliable, but i need to run a credit check on you first

rick.
              Geez you must be real good Rick. What description tipped you off to a vent-away?

Not only must you run a credit check but you need to see his rocket science degree to completely rebuild it

Comment

LOL...I described it as a one piece. It is vented (4 holes in tank) if thats what you mean. The flapper assembly is correct. But I also need the brass flush valve assembly. Kind of looks like an octopus. No pics. No other info, sorry.

Comment

Do you own a "Framing Hammer?"

J.C.

Comment

I found it! Its a Concord model. Vent away was the key word that helped my search!! No, I do not have an engineering degree to rebuild it! A framing hammer? Is that like a left-handed flushometer?

http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/as2004.pdf

Comment

How much are those parts nowadays? I am curious. Like I said above, I haven't actually rebuilt one of those in over 5 years, I always replace them now since they are such a pain.
                      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

It looks like they dont sell all of the Concord at that company. I did find another company and I would think for a total refurb around $300+ with shipping. I should just tell the lady we need to remodel the bathroom now, that way we dont have to monkey with the toilet.

Comment

Ugh! I hate American Standard's flapper (actuator). I never have good luck with them it seems. I've replaced actuators that were only a year or two old and everything looks 100% perfect to begin with. Bad design, IMO.
                          YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Curtain flush valve

Looks like a soup can upside down with a leather disc on the bottom.
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I'm sticking to my original recommendation. Framing Hammer.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X