X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolverine brass valves

I've always used either nibco or apollo ball valves but have seen recent comments saying the use of wolverine brass valves is on the rise. Wolverine brass in this area used to have a bad reputation as poor quality and overpriced. Has their quality increased and their bad reputation unfounded?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Wolverine brass valves

I've always found their Finale line of brass products superior. You can defininately buy CHEAP stuff from them as well.
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      I've always used either nibco or apollo ball valves but have seen recent comments saying the use of wolverine brass valves is on the rise. Wolverine brass in this area used to have a bad reputation as poor quality and overpriced. Has their quality increased and their bad reputation unfounded?
      we use Wolverine ball valves with our logo on the handle. Been using them for years with no problem. Even previous employers used them without problems.

Comment

I gave up on Wolverine about 10 years ago because of those quality to price issues. If there is a change I'd like to hear about it also. Not many places here stock them like they used too.

Comment

We have been buying a good amount from W.B. and I would say we have had pretty good results from them. One thing I really don't care for is waiting on ordering stuff from them. We have even started installing thier faucets.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Have not seen wolverine brass valves in my area yet so I can not reply.
            I did replace a wolverine shower faucet with a moen lately though Thought it was a piece of S**T tried to repair it and since no one in our area has parts for it had to replace it
            Plumber who originally installed it a year earlier worked on it Twice before I was called by the homeowner and charged every time they came over.
            Sounds like a great product if you like to take advantage of people.
            Like I said I dont know about their valves but I definately wouldnt ever get their faucets

Comment

I was on a hate WB binge for awhile when I got a bad batch of their quarter turn angle valves. Now that I got over it, I have no problems. I have put three of their lav faucets in and other than being hideous, the are pretty good. They do have a solid brass brick of a lav faucet that their rep brought by our shop that I was really impressed with but it had a loop handle which was also hideous. We use their PEX ball valves and sweat ball valves and have not had problems. Hope this helps.

Comment

I don't care for their kitchen faucets too much. My dad put one in his house and the stupid thing leaked after a year. Plus, the few callbacks we had due to a kitchen faucet leaking within a year of installation were WB. Of couse, this was about 4 years ago so maybe they are better ????
                YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Working...
                X