No announcement yet.

Made in the USA by Ridge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reply to PLUMBDOG10: didnt it ever occur to you to just pause for awhile and ask yourself if youre the one who is SHORT SIDED...(just asking) when did i say "all tools will be made in asia????" what i said was, that "A LOT OF TOOLS will be made in asia..." and that is just my personal opinion. and oh by the way, am not interested in going into debates with people talking about.. people who makes money, personal bank accounts, or talking about great place to live in, blah, blah, blah, blah (whatever he's talking about..) end of discussion

Comment

To be honest with you, I'm not sure what your opinion was. Your post was a little confusing.
      the dog

Comment

michael,

Yes its easy to say blah blah blah and then continue to buy communist because its cheap.

Like the three monkeys.
        Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Anyone here old enough to remember the phrase (no disrespect intended) Jap Crap? Deja Vu all over again

Comment

Let me just say that I have used Ridgid tools for years, but I did not know that a lot of them were made in other countries. My first impression with your response to "Middle Man" and any one else that had his views about the problem of products being made in other countries was that you were offended. The remark you made about these postings were not a part of your job and you spent too much time here, was pretty screwed up.All I want to say is, Thae postings I saw were legitimate complaints about job loss to overseas companies and i think you need to find another job if you think your spending too much time responing to your CUSTOMERS.

Comment

All this talk about tools and tool quality is incidental. We all know how wonderful it is to have a tool that keeps working after many years, and the feeling of a job done faster and better because of a good tool. I just want to say that the ridgid long handle shovel is my best friend and always will be. It is simply beautiful and cannot be improved upon. In fact, if I was attacked by a gang of 10 thugs, I would feel more secure with my ridgid long handle than anything else. God bless Australia.

Comment

Just remember, Alan Greenspan and Geo. Bush (W) both said..outsourcing isn't all bad.

Comment

You Americans should not take patriotism to the point where you think everything American IS IT, and
                  any other country can lose. HAVE A THINK ABOUT WHAT THE CHINESE BUY FROM AMERICA you crabs(with respect) I wholehartedly agree that USA quality on tools is paramount, and whenever you buy a tool and see Made in China, even if it is $1.50, and a genuine quality
                  tool would have been $45.00 - you think what a waste of time and money because we all know the tool isn't going to perform even that 1 time(tin snips for example). But what about the case of Ridgid 1/2 inch
                  benders which ARE made in IRELAND??? The quality on those is pretty good- but you don't hear any grumblings about the Irish support of the IRA (Irish Republican Army - known terrorist organisation).
                  You yanks are always out to steal our Australian trade even in well established markets. We came with you to fight the common enemy "Sadman" Hussein, and after we as a member of the colition of the willing saw victory: You covet our wheat market to Iraq which has been Australia's for decades, even after we cancelled our debt to Iraq some 50 million in unpaid for wheat, and because you are American you think its fair game. I'm sorry but in all due respect to our beloved cousins from USA its the same attitude we see hear. USA is everthing and stuff everybody else. So what if a drill is made in China, Ridgid have just put a lifetime warrantee on parts and labour on the drills so if it stuffs up "come on down" we'll fix it for you.
                  Whilst saying that if the quality of these drills turns out to be suspect, then Ridgid deserve all the critisism they get, if they want to put their name to a faulty product, then they are stupid.

By the way, can someone please tell me how I could buy one of these drills over the internet down here in Australia, I have tried in vain so far. Thankyou for listening.

Comment

Schmick,

I have no problems trading with countires such as yours or Canada or any other FREE country where workers are treated with respect and dignity and their drinking water does not glow in the dark.

Australia has been a good friend of America for years and thank you. China on the other hand is a communist country that murders its own citizens simply for speaking their mind, their working class have no rights and they are dying in industrial and mining accidents at the rate of 10,000 human beings a year. Those are part of the true costs of all these cheap tools and 5 dollar lawn chairs ECT.

There are a few other Asian countires where we have horrible trade deficits that allow their own children to be used as slaves to produce the 3 dollar shirts that these people wait in line to buy at wally world. And you are right to be ticked off at George W. Bush. He will be your friend as long as you kiss his *** but he will turn on you like a bad dog if you dare disagree with him in public and it doesn't matter if you are right or not.

One question, what does the average communist Chinese man buy from America?
                    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Us Australians have to choose our friends wisely, China is our biggest importer of Natural Gas, Coal and Iron ore. China's economy is booming. Without checking I'm sure China is a big importer of US products as well, I would have to check the statistics to confirm that. Any thing they buy from USA means jobs and export dollars for you. I'm sure they buy a lot of products from you. You have to be careful about too strongly subsidising your local industries, against imports. The real essence of free market / free enterprise, is a non-government interviening situation. Communism is a totally government controlled market place. I believe the problem with China is that there is just too many people. They can't pay there guys any more because there is just too many of them. America on the other hand is a country with highly

Comment

technologicalised people who are used to bountiful fineries and luxuries, and the best of pleasures and high standards of quality and service, that the free market can offer. Americans on average enjoy a standard of living many times better than your average Chinaman. But the cost is being seen in the 'correction' of the cost/price squeeze. Companies lusting after greater profits, perhaps seeking to reduce debt, or return greater profits to the 'almighty' shareholder: are being seduced into doing deals with foreign companys. The ultimate benifacturer is the American consumer because it forces prices down across the whole range of goods. Drills overall have reduced in price over the last 10 years. The US Consumer has more money left over to support other producers. This is also why US labour is so expensive, because on the whole you need higher incomes to support your standard of living

Comment

Sorry if I offended anyone, but I must address your other comments plumber. The Chinese govt mistreats their people very badly, and this I freely acknowledge. I understand why you have this indignation against those people, but we still have the problem none the less, regardless how we feel and it needs to be addressed. China has been accepted into the free market place, but it appears to be doing 'too' well. I see your government is taking actions against the dumping of textiles by the Chinese in tonights news, along with the European Union. We feel very comfortable as westerners knowing that it is those predominantly in our capitalistic society who enjoy the greatest wealth and control of the world economy. When we see an eastern country with another culture to ours prospering in an imposing way upon the international stage, we feel naturally threatened. We become suspicious, fearful, and very patriotic. But it is at times like these we should remember what it was, and what it is that made western countries prosper and excell in the past, which we have inherited the blessings of. It is not that we were more aggressive than anyone else as people, more cunning, more shrewd, or better fighters originally, although this has occurred as a consequence. The fact is that the reason why America, England and these other nations were blessed with technology, and the knowhow to progress so bountifully, can be understood by what you repeat in your pledge of allegance, "One nation under God" Queen Victoria when asked what was the reason for Englands greatness, in the zenith of the British Empire: She answered, "The Bible" Although many Americans, Australians, and Europeans and English, in fact the majority of; have rejected God, God has been faithful and remembered the faith and prayers of our forefathers. One of the reasons for the collapse of the Soviet Union, was the fact that she persecuted so desperately Christians in every place. Books have been written describing the martyrdoms occuring of Christians in Soviet jails. God still judges amony the nations. God will avenge the blood of the martyrs shed in China. God will not and cannot over-look sin. Not yours, not mine, not anyone's. Chairman Mao's wicked oppression of Christians will be judged, and will the guilt of his successors be brought to account, that you can be assured. The best we can do is be thankfull to God we live in nations which permit freedom of religion. And we should all remember God and seek forgiveness for our sins through the atoning death and shed blood of His Son Jesus Christ: Our ransom to God for our sin. Could it be that God is permitting other nations to rise up to test us, because we have forgotten Him, as the Israelites forgot God and were tested by the Philistines 1000BC as we read in the Bible God left these nations around Israel to TRY them. Under the reign of the 3rd King of Israel,King Solomon: who worshipped God and served Him, there was peace on all sides around Israel. But before King Solomons death, his heart was turned against God and he began to serve idols in the pagan temples, due to his lusting after foreign women who it say's "turned his heart away". The Bible then says as a consequence, God rose up certain nations to trouble Israel around about.
                          Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people. Proverbs 14:34
                          Sorry for starting these discussions of in a brash manner, I had no idea where they would lead. Thankyou so much for your patience, and for listening. I still would like to buy a Ridgid drill in Australia!

Comment

Originally posted by Schmick Schmack:
                            You Americans should not take patriotism to the point where you think everything American IS IT, and
                            any other country can lose. HAVE A THINK ABOUT WHAT THE CHINESE BUY FROM AMERICA you crabs(with respect) I wholehartedly agree that USA quality on tools is paramount, and whenever you buy a tool and see Made in China, even if it is $1.50, and a genuine quality
                            tool would have been $45.00 - you think what a waste of time and money because we all know the tool isn't going to perform even that 1 time(tin snips for example). But what about the case of Ridgid 1/2 inch
                            benders which ARE made in IRELAND??? The quality on those is pretty good- but you don't hear any grumblings about the Irish support of the IRA (Irish Republican Army - known terrorist organisation).
                            You yanks are always out to steal our Australian trade even in well established markets. We came with you to fight the common enemy "Sadman" Hussein, and after we as a member of the colition of the willing saw victory: You covet our wheat market to Iraq which has been Australia's for decades, even after we cancelled our debt to Iraq some 50 million in unpaid for wheat, and because you are American you think its fair game. I'm sorry but in all due respect to our beloved cousins from USA its the same attitude we see hear. USA is everthing and stuff everybody else. So what if a drill is made in China, Ridgid have just put a lifetime warrantee on parts and labour on the drills so if it stuffs up "come on down" we'll fix it for you.
                            Whilst saying that if the quality of these drills turns out to be suspect, then Ridgid deserve all the critisism they get, if they want to put their name to a faulty product, then they are stupid.

By the way, can someone please tell me how I could buy one of these drills over the internet down here in Australia, I have tried in vain so far. Thankyou for listening.
                            The reason Americans are focused on themselves is, and you may want to sit down because this is complicated, we live here. That's right, we live in the US. As a result some of us, and this too may seem complicted, actually care about our fellow citizens.

When American companies choose to produce goods in foreign countries which do not pay fair wages, it takes jobs away from American citizens and creates wealth for the greedy bastards who have no respect for fellow Americans.

As to Austrailia, I respect their decision to forgive Iraq's wheat debt. But, with all due respect, Austrialia does not compare to the US in money spent world wide for the welfare and defense of foreign countries, both governmental and private.
                            the dog

Comment

Sorry for taking this topic too far, I probably came across very rude in my first or second post. I am a plumber in Western Australia and at the moment all I am doing is copper pipe outs in double brick two story houses, cutting the chases with a diamond saw, working in water and generally having a great time. When I get home I go to work in my restaurant some times for 5 hours three - four nights a week. I'm also studying Architecture par time at university, Playing football and I have a wife and two kids.So when I try to unwind by getting on the internet I probably came across a bit full on - sorry. I love Ridgid tools, in Australia apart from rubbish, we have two main brands to choose from when it comes to decent quality: Ridgid and Rothenburger ("Super-Ego" tools). I generally choose Ridgid as the backup of Rothenburger is poor here.
                              Back to what I was saying before - The USA as part of the world economy is pushing for globalisation. We are heading towards a one world government and a cashless society, you can't enjoy the benifits of a free market and a democratic society, and then complain about the aspects of that arrangement you don't like. You either have free trade or you don't. When East and West Germany united there was a correction on a rapid scale between the 'have's' and the 'have not's'. As you saw with the introduction of the Euro in Europe. There was a mass equalisation between different sectors that brought about a unity in their economies, but it wasn't without tension, some people feeling very hard done by, and a lot of complaining as you will remember. There was also sectors which went very well. Labour markets were opened up, and we hear talk of the european union now in economic circles, but only individual countries when matters become political, as with the current crack down against Iran for its nuclear ambitions, the harsh words then came from France, Germany and England. But with the economic discontent now against China, we hear of action taken by the U.S. and the European Union. We can't push for free and open trade and then complain because a bit of it hurts. Ultimately, the beautiful thing about the open market system as opposed to the communist closed system, is that the consumer decides. If these products about which you are complaining end up satisfying U.S. consumers who are we to rally against them? The whole reason why an open market works is because it puts the consumer first, not the government. In the old failed Soviet Union, people were forced to work in certain industries, and the government put its military first, and the government could not be voted out as you know. Consumer products were always put last as a priority. The average Russian's home convieniences were scarce and bare all the effort was put into control by the state. That was the beautiful comparrison between the US and the Soviet Union. As Americans or Australians, because any young man or woman could open up any shop or business he or she liked, and generate his or her own profits, there has always been tremendous incentives to work hard and excell. There would have been no need for an advertising industry in Russia for example, because you got what you were given, and you had to line up for it. If after 15 years of dedicated work you got a bomb of a car you did well. In our free societies I can sell pizzas and steaks and if people like them, they come back and spend more. If my food and service is bad, no-one would come back, I go broke, and the free market system has served its purpose. In Russia, noone would have cared if you were a satisfied customer or not because you could never lose your job, and whatever money you earnt could never buy you jeans, or any luxuries or anything. Let me ask you a question. What would happen if China became a democracy overnight? Its impossible isn't it. Because the people are intrenched in their system. Only gradually will they change, and is has to do with their slow introduction into the world economy. With their citizens given choice, they have the potential to be a much greater country in wealth and power than the US. Frightening isn't it. But the only reason why its frightening is because their people have no say in waht the government do in China. The Chinese people absolutely hate the oppression they are under, and given free and fair elections, and democracy, any government that would be so cruel and violent to its own people would never stay in office, China needs democracy, China needs our help, China needs our support. We need regime chane in China

Comment

Plumbdog10,

Yes I know the USA has spent more in private and public aid than Australia, but that does not give you license to take our market share, and block Australian Wheat exports to Iraq, or allow our exports to be falsely labled as contaminated by the importing authorities on the ground in Iraq.

Our wheat is lovely. Our wheat passed all our rigourous standards of quality before being classed as acceptable to export. If you ever try to emigrate to Australia, import or export anything to or from here, you will know that all our standards are worlds best practice.

Australia is renoun for having the strictest quarranteen proceedures, and our export authorities are the same. We are the biggest island in the world, and the only things that come in or out of here is by air or sea.

Any way, I'm really enjoying raving on here on this web site, thanks for your patience. I just want to say, I'm not against the voices of protest against the Chinese imports. After all - thats free speech.

You may think this is wierd but I'm not necessarily against industrial protectionism. I just wanted to point out that "you can't have your cake and eat it too" as we say here in Aust.

As a christian I find the whole idea of a one world government, one world economy, and cashless society, not only terrifying but also I know it is the worlds destiny, as we approach the end of this age.

How else is the antichrist going to prevent anyone from buying or selling except the recieve his mark (has anyone seen those bumper stickers refuse the mark?) as it states in The Revelation of John(the Bibles last book) - if there isn't a one world system, a one world government, and a society with no cash, just credits to your account which is identifyable as being yours by recieving the mark.

Check your media reports, all the technology for the mark is already in place. If you look hard enough you will see evidences of the whole world pulling together economically and politically.

YOU LIVE IN A DEMOCRACY YOUR GOVERNMENT IS MEANT TO REPRESENT EVERY WISH AND MOTIVE OF YOU THE PEOPLE. YOUR GOVERNMENT PUSHES FOR FREE TRADE AGREEMENTS WITH CHINA. YOU SHOULD BE AWARE WHERE ALL THIS IS LEADING.

Comment

Working...
                                X