X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schmack,

Your comments are drifting farther and farther away from the topic.

I don't have much interest in an exteded debate on US vs Australian wheat sales. You might find more interest on, say, a John Deere discussion forum.

Nor do I have any interest in debating the interpretation of Revalations.

All this is ignoring the central concern I have, which is American companies choosing to manufacture some of their products in foreign countries which pay poverty level wages. This is not free trade, but greed. More profits can be made by paying less, pure and simple.

I, myself believe in free trade. If, for instance, Australia was to produce a better pipe machine, so be it. I would have nothing against it being sold in the US. If it was better I might buy one myself.

But when a sound and profitable company, such as Ridgid, makes a decision to farm out the manufacture of a new line of tools to a country such as China, based on the profit calculations of a few accountants. I see that as an insult to the American construction workers who have kept Ridgid in the green.

They want American workers to buy their products, but they don't want to hire us to build them.
    the dog

Comment

I see your point

Comment

Working...
      X