Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Earthquake Valve.

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    I've switched to ASSI, and won't go back. I like having the unit mounted to the house wall ,no false tripping. Also I like the separate shut down button. Greg uses them also.
    so do i

the additional cost for the valve is easily absorbed in the simple installation of removing a 90 and not having to install swing joints to level the valve.

funny part is the person who invented the assi valve also invented the little fire fighter that robert used.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      so do i

the additional cost for the valve is easily absorbed in the simple installation of removing a 90 and not having to install swing joints to level the valve.

funny part is the person who invented the assi valve also invented the little fire fighter that robert used.

rick.

an 11/4 ASSI might have worked in this situation. take off the
      11/4 x 3/4 x 1 tee and install the 11/4 90.....then run a bell reducer to 3/4 and hook the meter back up.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

This is funny, I installed an assi onto a reinforced stone veneer wall next to the meter,I'll send pix. later. Inspector never said a word. Never called Him, HE HE , Me bad.
        Ihave installed Two so far, as a gift ,for customers that have become family. I charge
        $400.00 material and labor for this brand.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          How'd you keep such clean joints? I always end up having pipe dope on my joints. If the meter is 3/4" why isn't the valve sized to meter and not the pipe? What does it matter about the pipe in wall? Keep in mind this is the first time I've seen an earthquake valve.
          i was thinking the same thing about those joints.. didn't see much pipe dope or tape..? nice job it looks really clean

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
            i was thinking the same thing about those joints.. didn't see much pipe dope or tape..? nice job it looks really clean

Thank You, I use KeyTite also. Love the stuff.
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
            X