gas pipe problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gas pipe problem

Did you know that Ridgid actually makes a cutter for csst? It's a piece of crap, but they do make one.
    sigpic

Comment

I just wanted to assure everyone that I am a journeyman plumber licensed by the state of Oregon with lots of experience running gas lines, though mostly black pipe. I am very aware of how dangerous gas pipe can be and don't take a repair like this lightly. As for my description of "grunt" as a trade, its just a joke. I noticed that a lot of you own your own business and sometimes working for the man its easy to feel like a grunt. Thanks for all the good feedback from everyone, I think this could end up being a real pain in the a** for service plumbers in the future. Can anybody recommend a gas sniffing tool, it would beat the hell out of soapy water for situations like this.

Comment

Originally posted by bacskcah View Post
        I just wanted to assure everyone that I am a journeyman plumber licensed by the state of Oregon with lots of experience running gas lines, though mostly black pipe. I am very aware of how dangerous gas pipe can be and don't take a repair like this lightly. As for my description of "grunt" as a trade, its just a joke. I noticed that a lot of you own your own business and sometimes working for the man its easy to feel like a grunt. Thanks for all the good feedback from everyone, I think this could end up being a real pain in the a** for service plumbers in the future. Can anybody recommend a gas sniffing tool, it would beat the hell out of soapy water for situations like this.
        I'm good, thats all ya hadda say, welcome to the forum sir!
        Afterall...I'm a "popularity contest winner".
        Hope you stick around and join the antics.

Comment

to standardize a proprietary fitting would be great, but wont happen because that would mean that all the little kingdoms[manufactures] would have to get together and work together for the greater good of a very important and potently dangerous and very lethal substance called natural gas, that should never be taken ligthly, and i personally feel that i will and all of my esteemed colleagues should refrain from giving advice to anyone not deemed qualified in this very serious field other than to call a licensed and insured professional, you dont often get a second chance to do it right with gas and as you all know this cant be taught on line or in a forum, and good advice can turn ugly in the hands of the wrong person!!!

Comment

I'm cert. for gas tite,never had a problem with it.
            One thought on the comment ,of nail plates missing. We never got a picture,or exact details
            on the existing installation,to make that call!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Did you know that Ridgid actually makes a cutter for csst? It's a piece of crap, but they do make one.
              yes and no.

it's actually under development r&d.

i was given one to try in may and returned it in june with some concerns and questions.

i'm not aware that it's for sale yet?

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

i just use a reg cutter with a stainless steal cutter and it works just as good as the other cutter . you just need to go slow
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                  i just use a reg cutter with a stainless steal cutter and it works just as good as the other cutter . you just need to go slow
                  True...the CSST cutter just has wider rolls to keep it even as it cuts, plus they're plastic.

I have one, buried, god knows where.

Comment

Working...
                  X