Water hammer/ expansion tank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water hammer/ expansion tank

Really enjoying the discussion, my customer understands the proper opening/ closing of the hosebibs I installed and is ok with it. I've decided to add arrestors on the hosebibs, it just seems proper thing to do. I'll re up the expansion tank and test. If again I get the pipe vibrations I'll lower again. I still believe tank and incoming pressures should be equal per instructions but can't have what I was getting with the water pipe vibrations. When talking to Amtrol tech support I told them I knew some "other plumbers" who suggested lowering the air pressure and support said " I was just going to suggest that also" . What can I say. I believe I did good work on this caper and to me an unusual problem developed that has been solved, not masked.

Thanks, wookie

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
      Install hammer arrestors on the hose-bibb lines after the ballvalves. It is weird that is goes away when the expnasion tank is removed, I don't think I have seen that before.
      Hammer arrestors / shock stops would do the trick. I always try to put them on a straight run with the line thats getting the hammer.

Comment

By code here in Ohio we can not put on air chambers for the same reasons stated here by others on the forum they say they will collect stagnent water and there is a good chance for bacteria to collect in them. I dont know how true that is and have not done any experiments personally. But if thats what the code officials in my area enforce I will just stick with the proper hammer arrestors.

Comment

Working...
        X