X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saturday work

Saturdays are OT days for me and the rest of the crew. So If any of us has to work it, we charge for it. If you have to pay the help time and a half, how can you possibly bill the customer regular rate? That word get's around and you'll be working every Saturday. As for me, If I wanted to work 6 days a week I sure wouldn't be teaching school How's your summer going? I'm on my 4th week off now. Think I'll play golf tomorrow
    sigpic

Comment

We actually tried to create a Saturday shift last year, but it wasn't very successfull. Most people really didn't want to be bothered on Saturday unless it was a necessity. Little Jimmy's soccer game, birthday parties and the like always had priority.

Saturday and Sunday service is still provided at no additional cost but only for our Lee's Advantage (maintenance) clientele.
      spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Just curious as to how you work this program?
        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
          Just curious as to how you work this program?
          You referring to Lee's Advantage?
          spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Originally posted by spodelee View Post
            You referring to Lee's Advantage?
            sorry, yes. Feel free to respond in the business forum as I feel this could benefit quite a few others.
            Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

I, Myself ,work most Sat. It's the way I'm wired. My favorite is to go to the shop and weld or do plasma art as gifts. Sun is for Mrs. tool and Papa. PS ,I have a passion to work with My hands,It's never work. Ithink Rick is the same
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

As I was reading the posts talking about sat. work my boss called and convinced me to go look at a potential job in my neighborhood. I put on my uniform, drove down the street, gave an proposal for a new kitchen sink drain, collected $1250 down and made it back home in an hour. I hate to work when I'm not scheduled but sometimes you have to strike when the iron is hot. Speaking of $1250, is it ok to discuss prices on this forum? I know some forums its taboo.

Comment

Time and a half for Saturday work and only if it's an emergency

I decide if it's an emergency, not the customer

A kitchen sink stoppage during a dinner party does NOT qualify. I'll make you a priority on Monday morning

Our site utlity guys work Saturdays only because there is less traffic for lane closures. They also might lose a day or two of work during the week because of bad weather.

Comment

Now you did it.

I just got informed I would be working the next three Saturdays. Baaaaa!
                    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      I, Myself ,work most Sat. It's the way I'm wired. My favorite is to go to the shop and weld or do plasma art as gifts. Sun is for Mrs. tool and Papa. PS ,I have a passion to work with My hands,It's never work. Ithink Rick is the same
                      if there were 8 days in the week, i'd be working 7 of them

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X