Saturday work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday work

Do any of you do Saturday work as a way just to keep up with your current work load? Do you charge additional fees for non-emergency Saturday work that is scheduled like any other weekday? Or do you only take emergency calls for Saturday and Sunday, and simply schedule back an additional day for regular work. For example if a regular customer called on a Tuesday and you knew you would be busy through Friday, would you schedule him for Saturday or make him wait until Monday?
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Re: Saturday work

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
    Do any of you do Saturday work as a way just to keep up with your current work load? Do you charge additional fees for non-emergency Saturday work that is scheduled like any other weekday? Or do you only take emergency calls for Saturday and Sunday, and simply schedule back an additional day for regular work. For example if a regular customer called on a Tuesday and you knew you would be busy through Friday, would you schedule him for Saturday or make him wait until Monday?
    i use saturdays to do catch up work or work that is better to do when the owner is available. today i need to jet an area drain line from the garage of a building. this was put off from during the week as the owner needed to move some junk and make access for me.

only when it's unscheduled work will i charge o.t. that might happen once a month.
    i've been working 6 days a week for as long as joey's been alive

now sundays, i had one last weekend after i did all my stuff with joey and leonard timing was everything

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I try to save it for emergencies, or work that I can't get to during the week. I rarely schedule saturdays just for the customer's convenience though. You know calls like, "I have a leak, but I can't have the work done on any day except for next saturday afternoon"...I rarely do that kind of thing, unless they are great clients, or willing to pay for an emergency service call for the work.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Along time a go, a very strict jewish fellow in town refused to have anyone do work on his house on saturday (sabbath), however, he had no problem calling and demanding people to work on his house on sundays for non-emergency work!!! Yeah right, sure buddy.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I Consider Saturday a work day for a few reasons.

First for the customers convenience, secondly it enables me to take my time during the weekday calls, it sort of eases the load. I basically will schedule calls on Saturday (8-1) that I am not supposed to break my hump on, but we all know how that goes.

Sunday is strictly emergency, $300 to get me to the door then I will quote a f.r. price for the repair.

Comment

f.r. = ??????????????????
            Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

I never scheduled work for the weekend so Saturday to 5:00 PM was time and a half and after Saturday at 5:00 PM until Monday at 8:00 AM was double time. That was the rate I paid my guys so that was the rate I charged my customers.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                f.r. = ??????????????????
                Sorry F.R. = Flat Rate

Comment

I'm pretty much the same as MP, Saturdays are a regular day, as long as I'm scheduling it.
                  Sundays are off hours, unless I'm so swamped I have to schedule it.

Regardless what day of the week I work, I ensure my customers a job done legitimately with the fact that I am licensed to do the work I do, and more importantly, I have the prerequisite insurance that my license allows.

Comment

I do work on the weekends. I don't charge weekend fees, mostly because I'm not busy enough to cherry pick jobs. My last employer charged 150 night/weekend fee, after 5pm. If they called before 5, no charge was given. If a regular customer called me needing work, I would put them before before new customers. When I am busy, I prioritze jobs by severity. A dripping faucet would come behind a mainline stoppage for example.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

7am-6pm m-f = regular rates, If a job runs til' after 6 it becomes after hours at that point.

Anything outside those hours, on a week-end, or on a holiday is regular rates +$100.

If I do a job outside regular hours or days for MY convienience.... say, I get the call at a reasonable hour but can't get there 'til after 6pm, the $100 extra is not charged; they are nice enough to wait for me, I'm nice enough not to charge them... not their fault my schedule is crammed full. If I do it Saturday or Sunday to just get it out of the way because Monday is already crammed to bursting, again, no $100. If it can't wait 'til morning or Monday per the customer, the $100 is in effect.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

we work 4 - 10hr days but this last year we work 5 - 10hr days

they do not do much sat work unless that is the only time it can be done [ a plant shut down ]

we have 1 service man on call sat and sun for all weekend calls but we do just commercial work and they may get 2 or 3 calls a weekend and more then 1/2 the time they will talk them into waiting until mon ,this is to save them $ and they have more then i unit to get them by
                        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

The boss uses Saturdays for paperwork and some emergencies. One thing I have noticed about working Saturdays is people are really happy you are there to help which makes me feel good.
                          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Seems like I work most Saturdays lately. I prefer not to but with gas prices the way they are its hard to turn down jobs. Sometimes I will schedule the jobs on Saturday and sometimes the are emergencies . I am such a sap that I never charge extra for these jobs. But if i can get out in a short amount of time they are still being charged the whole hour.
                            I guess I shouldnt say never . If I go to a persons house and they seem unappreciative of the fact that I am there at late hours or the weekend ( in otherwords being aholes ) then they will get the OT charge.
                            Most of the time though the customer is so grateful you are there you know they will call again when anything else goes wrong.

Comment

God worked six days. It was good enough for Him, it's good enough for me.
                              I never charge an overtime fee, but I do charge for travel to and from the job, door to door, on Sundays or Saturday nights.

I never take a new customer on weekends unless they are a referral from a VERY good established customer.

None of my regular customers would think of disturbing me on a saturday night or Sunday unless they really, really needed me. And if they really, really need me, I don't want to charge them extra just for my inconvience.
                              I usually end up leaving their home with a bottle of wine or some such anyway.
                              "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X