X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta Faucet Diamond Seal Technology

Just got off the phone with a representative from Delta, very nice lady and the phone call lasted almost 30 minutes. We discussed numerous concerns I had and I will say that she knows her product very well.

Without getting too involved right now, (gotta go to work) I will say that they are sending me a faucet that is built exactly as I described to you all in this forum community and they want me to test it.

I asked if they wanted me to video this and they said that it was not necessary but there's no problem in doing so.

But for anyone doubting my statements that I was contacted by not one but two reps, this should quell the notion that I made it up.

The lesson for anyone would be to always gauge what you put in print, it can someday hold you accountable and since I have no qualms of this way of being, I enjoy this moment greatly to be able to work hand in hand with a company that I've been a indirect sales rep for so many years.

Obviously I've got a history of supporting this product and it was known well beforehand.

The supply lines are made of PEX-C. That's all I know at this point.
    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 08-17-2008, 07:44 PM.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Re: Another disappointment in regards to product reliability

Hey Dunbar, have her send me one too. If there's a quality issue my boys will find out soon enough.
      sigpic

Comment

Isn't PEX-C the lowest grade of PEX?

J.C.

Comment

I've always heard that PEX A, B, and C is not a ranking system, but refers to the process used to make the pipe. That being said, I like Wirsbo (PEX-A) the best, fallowed by Viega (PEX-B) next. I personally have never used PEX-C.

Comment

Delta Faucet Diamond Seal Technology

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            Hey Dunbar, have her send me one too. If there's a quality issue my boys will find out soon enough.

The faucet came in yesterday to the shop. It's actually quite a large box, kind of weighty for an all plastic faucet.

Probably double-boxed I'm sure but my intentions are to video the opening of the contents so you all can see the new style I spoke of.
            Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 08-17-2008, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I was told by our Delta dealer that a couple lines have this, but most are and will not be. What do they know though?
              sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                Removed a 16 yr old State water heater last year.
                You won't see a State heater last that long again.
                Barely missed the dip tube catastrophe.

Comment

I'm replacing a 14 year old BW Friday. Tanks still good but blower's burned up. Fortunately they have two cause it's an hour drive.
                  sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Update: Videos of Diamond Seal Technology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmlJJ7Jtta0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYbYW...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDYdxCLgWnQ
                    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 08-17-2008, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Looks like some brass parts. Thought it would be "Glacier Bayish".

J.C.

Comment

I'd be pissed putting that faucet in, and having all that extra supply line just dangling down in the cabinet below.

I can see a large pump style bottle getting caught on one or both of the supply lines and causing ****.
                        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

I reread my first post, the start of this thread and there's something worth me saying now that I have product in hand.

The long PEX supplies is not what was in my hands at the supply house so that is an improvement, unless the shorter style was for lavatory faucets.

Long loops is great as far as undo strain on the supply lines. Too often hard bends/jagged turns is what makes plastic rupture/crease or snap off.

The bonnet nut is now plastic. It would be advised that those fine threads be greased with a non-petroleum based lubricant because there are no cuts on the top for a wrench to take it off.

From what I see, and I haven't tried anything to change it....but I'm pretty sure the tubing is permanently bent in a 8"-11" radius for the dimensions of the box it was placed in. I don't think you could get too aggressive in changing the curve and relax to a different shape.

The faucet has a long shaft to go into any sink deck which will avoid the issue of the stainless steel "cutting" into the lines as it passes through. This was a lack of information before I made the statement.

The fused points where the 3 tubes come together are way up inside the faucet, thus preventing a sharp strain right at the point where the plate connects as the mating surface for the cartridge assembly.

Given that a hard strain would be hard to break them so high up inside, this would almost lead to improper installation/workmanship that would hold the product not responsible.

One thing I noticed was the connection to the flexible line for the pull-out spout.

It's no longer brass, the piece coming down is no longer brass. It is entirely plastic and there is a plastic "cup" that slides onto the O-ringed stubout of the body. A plastic push clip like before holds this connection together. Given that cup acts just like a female adaptor all the way, and the constant daily movement from the user pulling up and down on that flex line...That plastic connection is going to crack, given how thin. I could be wrong but I'm used to that being brass.

I cannot comment on the new style cartridge because there hasn't been years of use in all types of water conditions, how it reacts to sudden dirt scurries in the line. It looks like a sealed assembly with no way to clean it, just replace.....?

I'd like to know how much that cartridge is.......what I'm encountering if I do a simple rebuild on one of these faucets, turn the water supply back on to find out 3 to 4 weeks later another piece of calcium or dirt made it into the assembly and since I can't clean it......do I chuck another cartridge in?

On the ball assemblies with the seat cups and springs, you could easily see the debri buildup and if it lodged between the ball and seat cup, the seat cup would tear and leak profusely, making sure that the faucet had to be fixed in order to operate.

With american standard and numerous other faucets going to this sealed cartridge assembly, it goes from "I got those simple repair parts on the truck" to "I have to now carry these specific parts for this style faucet" in an unkind way.

I've never complained about having to stock the pressure balanced cartridge assembly for the 1300-1500 series Delta but now that I'm installing the R10000 valve body, I now have to stock two different types of this cartridge and neither is exactly cheap.

I've been able to obtain the old style PB cartridges for a low as $21 apiece if I bought 12. Thank goodness for what I'm aware of, nobody has tried to sell a cheaper "knockoff" copycat of this device.

I'm also curious to know if that orange colored large seal will be separately sold to plumbing supply houses on that cartridge as well.

When I get answers from Delta I'll follow up to this thread.
                          Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 08-17-2008, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I assume most folks are familiar with the California Proposition 65....that is the lead thing, and it does tie the manufacturer's hands. Since approximately 1/10 the entire population of the US lives in California, then like it or not California influences the whole market.

Comment

Working...
                            X