Old Toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Toilet

Here are a few pictures of an old toilet I worked on today. They have several of these old toilets throughout their buildings. Notice the location of the spud on the back left of the toilet. I thought some of you would find them interesting if you havent seen one before.
    Attached Files

Re: Old Toilet

I've worked on a lot of those, what really sucks is Sloan refuses to make their straight stop with an O-ring connection like they have on their angle stop, it is only available as a ground joint connection.

Comment

we work on an old folks home here that has one in every room.
      sigpic

Comment

Doesn't anybody get a cross connection violation?

Sales oppurtunity:
        These toilets with their submerged inlet are absolutely non- code, vacumn breaker or not and the customer should be told about the health dangers.

Comment

i have worked on those,if memory holds they had douglas rough brass flushometer valves, and ground joint stops, too.

Comment

Originally posted by APHCO View Post
            Doesn't anybody get a cross connection violation?

Sales oppurtunity:
            These toilets with their submerged inlet are absolutely non- code, vacumn breaker or not and the customer should be told about the health dangers.
            I dont think they will write a violation to themselves, it is a local municipality that I work for.

Comment

Gotta admit I never saw that one.
              sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

can you still get the lug spuds for those old boys? used to run across them in the old tenement bldgs downtown detroit, good post it amazes what memories a picture can bring. been 20 years past

Comment

Name:  652f15f29c0089309aa1ed6abf31089f.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  122.1 KB

Customer: My tub faucet drips and the drain leaks

Me: Ma'am, I don't think I can find parts for that faucet anymore

Customer: My usual plumber took it apart. He was great at fixing old plumbing

Me: why isn't he fixing it this time?

Customer: He died

Me: I'm sorry to hear that but there is nothing I can do to repair that faucet

Customer: Well, ok then, just install a whole new faucet, but I want the exact same thing

Me:

Customer: What's wrong?

Me: Nothing, just trying to figure out where I'm going to find that exact same faucet

Customer: I'm sure Home Depot has one on their shelf

Me:

Customer: I'll be in the garden. Just let yourself in when you come back

Comment

sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Working...
                    X