New pivoting trap!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pivoting trap!

Mystery leak appears in the basement, tennants on the 1rst & 2nd floors discover a leak the had permeated the walls & ceilings and Kitchen cabinets.
    Nobody had noticed until the puddle in the basement was spotted because the damage had been mostly obscurred by the cabinets on both floors.

I checked the shower to discover the drain flange flopping around in place and broke the news to the owner that the pan was gonna have to come up.

When I got it out, the flange nut was hand tight with no putty..rubber washer was installed under the flange, but that was only part of the problem...

The trap was swinging freely...I think the previous homeowner thought it was a pivoting trap for easier installation on showers.
    Attached Files

Re: New pivoting trap!

Why anyone would put a trap with a union on it in that type of an area is beyond me. Good find!!
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

and for this reason its illegal to put a union trap unerground and in a concealed localation....., some people just dont learn
      if u cant bedazzle em with briliance, baffle em with bulls&*t

Comment

That's just beautiful. A work of art. Art's a hack
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by row View Post
          and for this reason its illegal to put a union trap unerground and in a concealed localation....., some people just dont learn
          This was a previous owners attempt to beef the price of the home prior to selling by adding a "bathroom".
          The guy intentionally left the trap hand tight, he apparently thought it was made top swivel for ease of installation...the new homeowner pays the price.
          I wind up working for a large number of newer homeowners and see these things all the time.
          This one in particular has me wondering what the home inspector was on when he walked through the home -
          I have another picture from the same job....
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X