Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The wall of fame ,the wall of shame

From Wikipedia:

"Wop is an English pejorative ethnic slur for a person of Italian descent. It is derived from the Neapolitan word "guappo", meaning a person who flaunts an overbearingly cocky and swaggering attitude."

Keep in mind it is from Wikipedia so it may not be true!

Comment

Funny in the 50s ,Back in the boston area. it was Italian and Irish [I'm a thick Mick,as You all found out ]. OHH The wonderful smells of cooking those sauses. Then "Manga manga",
      feeding us all till we couldn"t move. Then We'd watch them play Bocci on the dirt road out front. Once in a while we'd square off and have henerdous rock fights " ouch".
      Did any of You older Guys have rock fights when You we're Kids?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

All clear, You said that sorry mess is a Wall Mart . That failure was done by a licensed plumber ! Signed off by an inspector! WHAT A HACK
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          Funny in the 50s ,Back in the boston area. it was Italian and Irish [I'm a thick Mick,as You all found out ]. OHH The wonderful smells of cooking those sauses. Then "Manga manga",
          feeding us all till we couldn"t move. Then We'd watch them play Bocci on the dirt road out front. Once in a while we'd square off and have henerdous rock fights " ouch".
          Did any of You older Guys have rock fights when You we're Kids?
          I'm sure you recall the rivalry between "Eastie" and "Southie"..Irish vs Italian.
          What sucked for me is I'm both, with a Scandinavian paternal namesake.

I grew up with my Italian gramma putting a heaping plate in front of me reciting "Mange, Mange...VITA!". I'd eat so much it hurt my stomache, pleading with her to let me stop along the way.

Then some sundays we'd go to my Irish "Nana's" for boiled dinner, which I preferred because it didn't hurt my stomache so much not being forced to eat ten lbs of pasta.

I used to joke that I was a "McWop".

Comment

It's "mangia". It took a little while before I figured out what youse guys was trying to say.

Comment

" Mangia" ,Thanks. None of Us ever had any Money,But it never was a problem. We played pond Hockey,Baseball ,football, and explored the farms and woods,fishing,chasing small animals through the woods with home made spears.They always got away!. No x boxes. We did have THE RADIO. The lone Ranger, Sam spade,Amos and Andy. RED SOX VS. those Terrible Yankees ! My grandkids don't know what fun is!!
              Last edited by toolaholic; 08-12-2008, 10:50 AM. Reason: forgot My Hero TED WILLIAMS

Comment

All clear, You said that sorry mess is a Wall Mart . That failure was done by a licensed plumber ! Signed off by an inspector! WHAT A HACK
                LOL he was a licensed plumber and the city did signoff on it. The inspector was in shock when he came in and looked it over after we cut the flooring up. I don't think he ever thought it was gonna be seen by anyone
                I said "Did you inspect this water park ride?"
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

"Hiyoh Silver....awaaaayyyy"

Comment

Funny ,We didn't know Tonto, in Spanish, means, Fool, Idiot.

Sgt. Preston ,to His dog KING. " Now King ,You go around to the rear of the cabin ,Pick the 6 tumbler lock, and bite their skinny A$$es, as I hide behind this snow bank, RUFF RUFF "
                    Ya, Works a little slow here Too

Comment

"Only the shadow knows"

"Wiiiiiilllbur"

Comment

Heres the wall in that bathroom What a mess!!!!

Ya, Works a little slow here Too
                        Today is a slow day but sometimes I like em
                        I`ve gotta go do a sewage lift... Ya Hooooo
                        Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 08-12-2008, 02:24 PM.
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X