If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You will be required to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
At first I thought that plug was for a dryer, because the plug looks like a 30 or 40 amp dryer plug. Aside from having a universal receptacle on that (probably even more dangerous than the universal plug), it looks like that is pretty thin wiring (12 or 14 gauge), which wouldn't be suitable for a for a heavy duty dryer circuit.
Though the filename is disposer wiring, so it could just be the picked an odd plug for it.
This was what was left by a licensed plumber(no bs) who didn't know how to solder so he used this. There was a cone of melted solder where his solder just kept dripping out of the joint, so he used the next best thing-glue.