Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The wall of fame ,the wall of shame

Tyman, what size are those hangers ( I use the term
    loosely) on the WH vent, #9 or #16 wire??
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I know nothing about A/C but know not to do that. It's amazing what people will do rather than admit they are out of their element.

J.C.

Comment

Dr. Frankenplumbing

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          Tyman, what size are those hangers ( I use the term
          loosely) on the WH vent, #9 or #16 wire??

I honestly don't recall. I do remember wanting to weild the mighty recip saw and rip it out.

The saddle valve was done by the HVAC guy for a humidifier and I was there to put in a ice maker line and I did not use a saddle valve.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

TYMAN ,There's 1 thing right in that mess Bradford White W.H. ,How'd that slip in!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              TYMAN ,There's 1 thing right in that mess Bradford White W.H. ,How'd that slip in!
              I didn't install that W.H. but we do install Bradford White.

Here is another pic just to prove I didn't install that abortion. Notice the rust on the jacket and plastic wrapper on top of the tank. If I ever got caught using one of those flexible copper supplies the boss would probably beat me with a pipe wrench.

Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                I didn't install that W.H. but we do install Bradford White.

Here is another pic just to prove I didn't install that abortion. Notice the rust on the jacket and plastic wrapper on top of the tank. If I ever got caught using one of those flexible copper supplies the boss would probably beat me with a pipe wrench.
                tyman, those copper flexes are abou all we can use in earthquake country. the stainless braided ones fail in a few years. i've gone back to copper flexes 6 years ago. we also have to strap the heater at the upper and lower 1/3 with a rated approved seismic restraint.

that water heater vent looks awful flat. hope there's not another 90 at the other end.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  too bad this didn't come up a few months ago.

my buddy steve had a wall of shame/ museum at his shop. stuff on display he's collected for the past 25+ years. i doubt it still there since he sold his shop and is retired now.

i'll have to call and ask 1 of the guys.

rick.

i have to look and see some of the stuff on my camera. i know mark has an entire library of stuff. i have just a book

rick.
                  I started one of those museums of wierd stuff I ran accross when I first started in service. Kept it going for about 20 years and had a lot of really interesting stuff in it that sat on shelves for conversation once in a great while. I finally decided to clean my garage and scrapped what was scrapable and tossed most the rest. Now I wish I'ld gotten pics first.
                  I still have the first lead bucket trap with bottom outlet that I replaced though.

Looks like I might have to go buy a small cheap camera to carry around. This could be fun.
                  sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Copper flex are illegal here--inspector will fail you if he finds it---but home depot still sells 'em

Comment

We like earthquakes,they're fun. I have an add for retrofitting in the phone book.
                      When there's a little shaker the phone rings. Must be boring without them! Better than floods and twisters ,Me thinks
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I was looking for a new house and was looking in crawl space and found the supply line to dishwasher was 5/8'' auto heater hose and the drain line was 2 different colors of garden hose i wish i had taken my camera for the plastic bags and duct tape to stop the leaks in the waste lines

Comment

Originally posted by Downunder
                          the supply line to dishwasher was 5/8'' auto heater hose and the drain line was 2 different colors of garden hose
                          Are you sure it wasn't the other way 'round? The heater hose isn't rated for that much pressure but the garden hoses would handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by glkearns View Post

Have to say, that is the first time I have seen radiator hose used like that. How many different types of material is there? Looks like ABS, PVC tubular and is that a corroded metal tailpiece going into the PVC E-Out waste?
                            Eew.
                            Greg

I found the Cultprit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                            I have used short sections of straight radiator hoses, to connect parts or pipes together,

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=15786&page=2

Comment

This is a project where I had a ton of complaints regarding a sewer gas smell.

Mark
                              Attached Files
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                                This is a project where I had a ton of complaints regarding a sewer gas smell.

Mark
                                Condensate?

Or T+P

Comment

Working...
                                X