X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Danze fixtures

Welp...it's final...after getting the NHMaster seal of dissapproval they're junk.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Installed Danze a few times. I can't really call them junk in my experience. But I can't really brag about them either.

Interestingly, In one area I've plumbed plumbers hated Delta. The majority installed was Moen.

Another area didn't like Moen at all. Only wanted Delta.

Here they call ALL Price Pfister junk. But I'm reading here some like it.

Alot of plumbers I know complain about Grohe. Also American Standard.

Kohler both ways also. Hated in one place, loved in another.

I think we (me included) get used to what has worked & we are familiar with and resist change.

J.C.
      The problem with Danze is they don't actually make anything, they put their name on product that they buy from China, so getting parts for anything is like pulling teeth, and it's impossible if you don't have a model number.

We used to have the same problem with Kallista, but their product has improved somewhat in the year or so since they were acquired by Kohler, at least most of their shower valve bodies are now Kohler valves, which are over engineered and far more complex than they need to be, but at least parts are easy to get.

Comment

Parts are aggravating for anything with poor market penetration. And you are correct about Danze in my area also. I needed something once and finally had to go around the supplier and the US to one of their warehouses in Canada to get what I needed.

Supplier here 3 calls-1 month-nothing.

Canada-1 call-on my doorstep in 2 days. Had to really put my thumb on them if you know what I mean.

Ever "Danced" with a "Danze" Roman Tub Valve w/diverter? It can be interesting.

As far as China made, it continues to bother me but I have no fix. I've got a few Kohler valves right now that are made in China.

Majority of their toilets stamped with Made in Mexico under the bowl.

J.C.

Comment

Parts are aggravating for anything with poor market penetration. And you are correct about Danze in my area also. I needed something once and finally had to go around the supplier and the US to one of their warehouses in Canada to get what I needed.

Supplier here 3 calls-1 month-nothing.

Canada-1 call-on my doorstep in 2 days. Had to really put my thumb on them if you know what I mean.

Ever "Danced" with a "Danze" Roman Tub Valve w/diverter? It can be interesting.

As far as China made, it continues to bother me but I have no fix. I've got a few Kohler valves right now that are made in China.

Majority of their toilets stamped with Made in Mexico under the bowl.

J.C.
          Danze is down at the bottom of the high end fixture market, and has more market penetration than most would think, our shop does almost nothing but very high end remodel work, and we install a good number of them, against our advice.

As far as American made product, most of the fixtures and valves we install are made in Europe or Japan, we rarely install product sold as Kohler or A/S, but we install a lot sold as Toto or Duravit.

Comment

How do you like DuraVit? Positives & Negatives?

J.C.

Comment

How do you like DuraVit? Positives & Negatives?

J.C.
              The Duravit concealed tank toilet is my favorite toilet, I put one in my master bath, their quality is excellent. The negatives for almost all European fixtures are that the rough in dimensions are only supplied in metric, I ended up buying a combo SAE/metric tape measure off the Snap On truck because the conversion formula's are never exact. That and the price is not very competetive with Kohler or A/S, but most of the time we are using a Duravit for installation flexibilty, none of our jobs are based on price.

Comment

Spider, what tub/shower/shower system valves do you prefer? Why?

I've had good experiences with Grohe and HansGrohe even though some talk down about HansGrohe.

J.C.

Comment

Hansgrohe is a good valve, and easy to work on, so are Grohe, but they can be iffy with their rough in minimums and maximums, Jado and Dornbracht are both excellent valves in both operation and installation, and are fairly simple to work on, and their tech service support is better than most. Philrych is a decent valve, but the way their trim mounts makes it a time consuming process. I was fairly impressed with the Moen thermostatic valve I installed recently, simple design with a quality valve body, the same goes for their control valves, but they have never caught on with the true high end market.

If I had to choose one, it would be Dornbracht, because I can get the valves pre-built with control valves when the application calls for it.

Comment

Thats some high-end stuff. I learned to plumb in 'the hamptons' I remember putting Dornbracht valves in, the BMW of plumbing fixtures.
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I was wondering if the Moen Therm valve was good. Probably won't catch on in alot of highend markets.

Wealthy people want what the rest don't have in my experience. If all of the middle class drove Ferraris the wealthiest people would want Hondas.

J.C.

Comment

I remeber one of our customers had a HANSA faucet need to order the parts from germany It took 3 weeks AND we had to order the special tool kit to work on it!

Comment

[quote=Killertoiletspider;160299]Hansgrohe is a good valve, and easy to work on, so are Grohe, but they can be iffy with their rough in minimums and maximums, Jado and Dornbracht are both excellent valves in both operation and installation, and are fairly simple to work on, and their tech service support is better than most. Philrych is a decent valve, but the way their trim mounts makes it a time consuming process. I was fairly impressed with the Moen thermostatic valve I installed recently, simple design with a quality valve body, the same goes for their control valves, but they have never caught on with the true high end market.

If I had to choose one, it would be Dornbracht, because I can get the valves pre-built with control valves when the application calls for it.[/quote]

Only problem is the price of replacement parts.

Comment

[quote=Masterplumb;160313]
                            Originally posted by Killertoiletspider View Post
                            Hansgrohe is a good valve, and easy to work on, so are Grohe, but they can be iffy with their rough in minimums and maximums, Jado and Dornbracht are both excellent valves in both operation and installation, and are fairly simple to work on, and their tech service support is better than most. Philrych is a decent valve, but the way their trim mounts makes it a time consuming process. I was fairly impressed with the Moen thermostatic valve I installed recently, simple design with a quality valve body, the same goes for their control valves, but they have never caught on with the true high end market.

If I had to choose one, it would be Dornbracht, because I can get the valves pre-built with control valves when the application calls for it.[/quote]

Only problem is the price of replacement parts.
                            If you can afford the cost of the valve, the cost of the parts is nothing in comparison.

Comment

[quote=Killertoiletspider;160315]
                              Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post

If you can afford the cost of the valve, the cost of the parts is nothing in comparison.
                              Good point.

Comment

Working...
                              X