Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sewer cam purchase

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sewer cam purchase

    I am looking into buying a sewer cam, and, being I have little funds...anyone ever deal with this fella? If so, what is the opinion on quality, service etc. Thanks.

    http://stores.ebay.com/South-Coast-Equipment

  • #2
    Re: Sewer cam purchase

    What kind of drain cleaning eqipment do you currently have? IMO the crappiest, cheapest ridgid seesnake would be better than that stuff.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sewer cam purchase

      I have a k1500 and k50. How much would a crappy seesnake go for?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sewer cam purchase

        Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
        I am looking into buying a sewer cam, and, being I have little funds...anyone ever deal with this fella? If so, what is the opinion on quality, service etc. Thanks.

        http://stores.ebay.com/South-Coast-Equipment
        That was my 1st camera. Wish I would have stuck the money into something better. Now it sits broken in my garage. buy Rigid or Mytana. Get the locator "Rigid only"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sewer cam purchase

          I have seen some good cameras besides Ridgid seesnakes.

          However, when it comes to locators, nothing comes close to a Ridgid scout or navigator...amazingly accurate and easy to use.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sewer cam purchase

            Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
            That was my 1st camera. Wish I would have stuck the money into something better. Now it sits broken in my garage. buy Rigid or Mytana. Get the locator "Rigid only"

            I second that, I have one in my garage too, broken camera lens, will cost half of what I paid for it to replace it. I'm saving my money for a seesnake.
            The Other Rick

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Sewer cam purchase

              Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
              I have a k1500 and k50. How much would a crappy seesnake go for?
              Check on ebay for one. The compact is going for about 2500- 3k for them right now. There's always great deals you'll see, just have to be patient.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Sewer cam purchase

                I did check, saw nothing. For the guys that did use the company, which camera did you get and how many uses? Where my business is now, is such that I cannot afford a couple thousand dollars. I might use a camera 10 times a year. I splurged for the rodders...have to have the best to complete the job. But the camera is a novelty in some cases. When folks kick out the cash for the rodder, and it clears the sewer, they could care less what things look like in the line. On the other hand, I have been caught without the camera, and business hurts. Thanks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Sewer cam purchase

                  Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                  I did check, saw nothing. For the guys that did use the company, which camera did you get and how many uses? Where my business is now, is such that I cannot afford a couple thousand dollars. I might use a camera 10 times a year. I splurged for the rodders...have to have the best to complete the job. But the camera is a novelty in some cases. When folks kick out the cash for the rodder, and it clears the sewer, they could care less what things look like in the line. On the other hand, I have been caught without the camera, and business hurts. Thanks.
                  For ten times a year your better off renting one as needed. AJ Coleman is on the north side of Chicago, and rents them by the day or the week. Perhaps you could hire a kid to drive and pick it up and return it.

                  Coleman's phone number is 773-728-2400 and they are on north Ravenswood, somewhere around 5700 north.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Sewer cam purchase

                    Originally posted by Killertoiletspider View Post
                    For ten times a year your better off renting one as needed. AJ Coleman is on the north side of Chicago, and rents them by the day or the week. Perhaps you could hire a kid to drive and pick it up and return it.

                    Coleman's phone number is 773-728-2400 and they are on north Ravenswood, somewhere around 5700 north.
                    I inquired about renting one from Handy Rent-All, an equiptment and tool rental co. They wanted $365 for 3 hours or 440 for 24 hours. I decided to rent my drain guy for $300 and charged $450

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Sewer cam purchase

                      Thanks for the number. Any idea wha they rent for?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Sewer cam purchase

                        Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                        Thanks for the number. Any idea wha they rent for?
                        No, I haven't rented one in years. Coleman also sells reconditioned equipment, and are a factory authorized Ridgid dealer and repair station, so you may be able to find a deal.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Sewer cam purchase

                          Originally posted by Killertoiletspider View Post
                          For ten times a year your better off renting one as needed. AJ Coleman is on the north side of Chicago, and rents them by the day or the week. Perhaps you could hire a kid to drive and pick it up and return it.

                          Coleman's phone number is 773-728-2400 and they are on north Ravenswood, somewhere around 5700 north.
                          Probably the best advice you can get.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Sewer cam purchase

                            Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                            I did check, saw nothing. For the guys that did use the company, which camera did you get and how many uses? Where my business is now, is such that I cannot afford a couple thousand dollars. I might use a camera 10 times a year. I splurged for the rodders...have to have the best to complete the job. But the camera is a novelty in some cases. When folks kick out the cash for the rodder, and it clears the sewer, they could care less what things look like in the line. On the other hand, I have been caught without the camera, and business hurts. Thanks.
                            I'm not sure of the name but I believe it has 150 or 200' of push rod. It has the reel with it. I think the 100' can be had without the reel. When it worked it was a fine picture. the head and the connection to the head are to fragile. Plus the locator is garbage.

                            10 times a year I would call a friendly guy like myself to come out and video the drains. No need to take up room in the truck for 10 times a year. plus the guy you call should be able locate. Just my 2 cents. Mine was a waste of $3000.00 (I think that was the price)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Sewer cam purchase

                              I did set up something with a guy in town. $180 the first hour, $130 each additional. The only issue is this...you have to be able to do it ASAP, or the customer may change heart. If you can do a combo price, rodder and camera, even better, customers like combo prices.. With this other guy, you have to set up an appointment, then go from there.

                              I am not concerned about locating...mainly because I dont dig. Anyone coming out to dig will locate themselves, and not trust my locating anyway. I have a couple things I can sell, and take the chance, with very minimal loss ($100).

                              Talking about doing it ASAP, you guys know, people want it now, not two days from now. You cant stay in business that way. Unless its a referral usually, and folks will wait.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X