Wrench dating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrench dating

I have several old Ridgid tools. Is there a way to tell how old a wrench is. For instance, when did the bottom of the removable wrench head go from square to rounded?

Also, does the Toledo Tool Company, as in the Toledo Donkey, have anything to do with Ridgid?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by therealsully:
      I have several old Ridgid tools. Is there a way to tell how old a wrench is. For instance, when did the bottom of the removable wrench head go from square to rounded?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
      Since we don't put serial numbers on hand tools I won't be able to give you an exact date of a particular wrench, however, I can say that square bottom on the hook jaw was changed about the same time when we did away with the interlocking D and G (RIDGID)on the side of the wrench, and all this took place approxiamtly in 1966.

Regards,
      Bill

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by therealsully:
        Also, does the Toledo Tool Company, as in the Toledo Donkey, have anything to do with Ridgid?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> No we do not have any ties with the Toledo Tool Company, they would be considered a competitor of ours. If I recall, the Toledo Donkey was another name for their geared threaders, such as the models 41-E, 61-E, & 80-E. Also if your intersted I believe that The Toledo Tool Company is still in business, they are located in St. Louis,Missouri

Comment

Has there ever been any consideration to putting serial numbers on any of the had tools?

Comment

Working...
          X