X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: plastic locater

Where can I get me one of them plastic locaters? I really could of used one last month!
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

What is weird is it just stopped--total loss of signal within 1 foot--maybe i was over top of an indian burial ground??????????????

Comment

What frequency were you trying to read. What transmitter were you using?
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Do they have an irrigation system or a dog fence?

Comment

St 305 5 watt transmitter--- and 33 mhz

Comment

No irr or dog fence---large commercial garbage truck company

Comment

Makes no sense---thought of calling ridgid and asking about it

Comment

Well, I'm just curious. Did you try to recreate the whole scenario? I mean, did you disconnect your locater and then try to do it all again with the same results? Did it lose signal at the same place? Did you try it at 8 mhz?
                  Have you tried it on other plastic yet?
                  It would be fun to glue an adapter on a 20' length of pvc or poly and screw a black nipple in it and see what your locater does with that.

Comment

I did recreate and try again wiyh exact same results---really strange---------i will test the plastic to steel test tomorrow and post it here

Comment

And i tried all 3 freqs--same

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                        I did recreate and try again wiyh exact same results---really strange---------i will test the plastic to steel test tomorrow and post it here
                        Sorry to bring this thread back up but it always interested me. How was the plastic conveying the darn signal? If anybody has ever used a metal adapter to plastic pipe, induced a signal and been able to trace it please speak up. Plumberjr did you ever figure this out?
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                        X