Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kohler Sucking

Originally posted by ridgidpipe View Post
    Sure I can thanks for letting me know this was causing a problem I had no idea
    Why doesn't Rick's paragraph cause a problem? You don't have to take that Bill. You want to list every year you did plumbing then you go right ahead.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Why doesn't Rick's paragraph cause a problem? You don't have to take that Bill. You want to list every year you did plumbing then you go right ahead.

i complained to joey when she posted multiple birthday smileys. it too made me and others scroll left to right.

i think it's been determined that screen resolution was the issue.

mine probably just fits under the radar. sometimes photos that are copied and pasted are an issue too.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

.....or you can use a wide screen and not worry about it.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

joey will not allow me to connect to our flat screen monitor.

1 day i will surprise her when she turns on the t.v. and sees the ridgid forum across the wall

don't spoil my surprise

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of all Kohler products, but then again what plumbing line can you think of that every product is perfect? I have installed probably thousands of Kohler wellworth toilets with almost no issues that I can remember. Kohlers tub\shower valve is easy to install, versitile and the trim is easy to mount. Most of their builder grade faucets are pretty much trouble free also. Before we all go off on a Kohler bash, who else makes quality cast iron enameled kitchen sinks and lavs? And I think their fiberglass is as good as any on the market today. While I'm at it the sterling line of showers and tubs has been a life saver for bath remodels.
            sigpic

Comment

I put a kitchen facuet in for my parents last week that was a kohler it was actually pretty good, built in braided stainless steel supplies nice solid brass body and the mouning was strong as he77. they had a ring that threaded up to the countertop then too set screws that secured it further. It DEFINITELY made life easy on a DEEP (19" deep) stainless steel sink. If it took me 5 minutes to install that was alot!! And the supplies were 20" long!

Delta 1000 series shower bodies are the bomb! I havent had much luck in the last 6 months with bathroom faucets though! almost everyone that I installed has dripped and I have had to replace the cartridges, although I havent had a problem getting them from the manufacturer at all, usually within a week they arrive! Free of charge oif course! But you still have to make another service call which sucks!

Comment

my biggest complaint is with their toilet line.

what other company has 8-10 different toilet flappers?, ballcocks?

of course, now with the newer low flow toilets, they got smart and the ballcocks are fluidmaster. but how can a company come out with flappers that don't even last a year and then redesign the flush valve to a totally different design and flapper.

then the older toilets and ballcocks. pretty much an expensive array of ballcocks.

fortunately when we sell a home out here, toilets have to be replaced with low flow. so all these older kohlers will eventually be off the market.

how about the 1pc. pressure assist kohler toilets

their the bomb

spend good money on a pressure assist and end up with a lousy gravity that you had to pay for the replacement labor

then the toilet seat issue. had a nice condo building in the mid 80's that all had 1 pc. rialto toilets. (junk). they come with toilet seats. of course in a hand full of years the toilet seat bolts being plated steel started to rust and become loose. no way to remove the bolts without destroying the seat to attempt to cut off the bolts from the top. try to explain that to the owners 60 times.

or the undersized flush valve overflows. when their plastic ballcock tops would fatigue and snap. the toilet would continue to run full bore. the overflow was too small to handle the volume and the 5 rear vent holes on the back of the 1pc. tanks would pour out water.

29 story building is a lot of water damage after it happens more than once. kohler actually paid for that mistake thanks to the power of home owner associations and hi power owners.

i could go on and on, but you get the point.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Have you spent any time with American Standard toilets. Talk about crap pun intended.

I agree with you about their toilet line, though I do like the Wellworth. However, even though they have a bunch of different flappers and fill valves, there's not too many other companies that offer such a diverse collection of styles and colors. In a perfect world everyone would love Mansfield 135's, a nice flushing, problem free toilet. But admittidly not the most fashionable crapper in the world.
                  sigpic

Comment

I love Kohler. I rarely have any problems servicing or installing their products.
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

You knwo, the only Kohler faucet I ever had trouble with was a roman tub spout and the threads on the cold faucet were cut just a bit off so the nut was a real bear to get tightened but I eventually got it to go. God help the poor sod that ever has to take it off. Oh.. I guess that will probably be me.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                        I put a kitchen facuet in for my parents last week that was a kohler it was actually pretty good, built in braided stainless steel supplies nice solid brass body and the mouning was strong as he77. they had a ring that threaded up to the countertop then too set screws that secured it further. It DEFINITELY made life easy on a DEEP (19" deep) stainless steel sink. If it took me 5 minutes to install that was alot!! And the supplies were 20" long!

Delta 1000 series shower bodies are the bomb! I havent had much luck in the last 6 months with bathroom faucets though! almost everyone that I installed has dripped and I have had to replace the cartridges, although I havent had a problem getting them from the manufacturer at all, usually within a week they arrive! Free of charge oif course! But you still have to make another service call which sucks!
                        This is strange, arouses a question of whether it's a coincidence or something you've done and may not realize.
                        You don't cut the copper with a hack or fine sawzall blade do ya?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                          This is strange, arouses a question of whether it's a coincidence or something you've done and may not realize.
                          You don't cut the copper with a hack or fine sawzall blade do ya?
                          no they were one a couple spec houses in the same development just werent happy with the existing faucet. Ran new s.s. supplies and called it a day. on city water too. 2 kohlers and an american standard all from supply houses not Homeowner Depot specials.

Comment

finding the correct flapper for a kohler toilet isn't that hard...the webiste is so easy to navigate once you know what you're doing, even if you have the first toilet they ever created. you simply has to go the online service parts store and type the model # in the second search engine. go to the interactive parts diagram and it will show you EVERY design it has undergone. the most recent will be at the top. how hard is that? you can then click on the part and it will tell you inventory and pricing.

Comment

I'm installing the Kohler Forte's for my "go to" faucet these days. I also carry the Kohler catalog with me if someone wants something nicer. Knock on wood, I haven't had any trouble with the Forte's, they're really nice looking, functional and priced right.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post

Kohler cranked up their game because Grohe and KWC were eating their lunch in the high end faucet category. Nothing like competition to raise the bar....
                                BTW: It took them years to respond.

Comment

Working...
                                X