Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kohler Sucking

Originally posted by plumbergirl12 View Post
    finding the correct flapper for a kohler toilet isn't that hard...the webiste is so easy to navigate once you know what you're doing, even if you have the first toilet they ever created. you simply has to go the online service parts store and type the model # in the second search engine. go to the interactive parts diagram and it will show you EVERY design it has undergone. the most recent will be at the top. how hard is that? you can then click on the part and it will tell you inventory and pricing.
    Thank-you for being here.
    We sure could use more of your help.
    Don't be shy,a majority of us are kittens who only talk big.
    And an even larger part tend to be very appreciative.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Thank-you for being here.
      We sure could use more of your help.
      Don't be shy,a majority of us are kittens who only talk big.
      And an even larger part tend to be very appreciative.

And then there's the kinks among us!

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
        And then there's the kinks among us!
        But of course,
        Life would be an absolute bore without.

Comment

Has anyone mentioned that when you buy a OEM Kohler Flapper (the big round one for the old one-piece toilets) it now comes with a nice orange sticker that says if you use this on the flush valve with the round overflow tube (the one it was originally intended for) that you risk flooding the house?
          It tells you to call customer service for more info. When you do they tell you to replace the round flush valve with the square one.
          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
            Has anyone mentioned that when you buy a OEM Kohler Flapper (the big round one for the old one-piece toilets) it now comes with a nice orange sticker that says if you use this on the flush valve with the round overflow tube (the one it was originally intended for) that you risk flooding the house?
            It tells you to call customer service for more info. When you do they tell you to replace the round flush valve with the square one.

Niiiiice.

Hey did you pay your taxes!!
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
              Niiiiice.

Hey did you pay your taxes!!
              The government is still humming isn't it.
              But, now that I think about it, I did pay a little less. Maybe that's why they are scrapping the missile defense in E. Europe.
              "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

have you seen kohler's faucets that have recently been released? what other company has anything close to the karbon?!

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                  the flapper only says because the overflow changed from the circular to the rectangular... just to insure you install the correct one. you don't really need to change the entire flush valve.

Comment

have you seen kohler's faucets that have recently been released? what other company has anything close to the karbon?!
                    JCsPlumbing actually started a thread on that fixture.What are you guys using in the joints for longevity?

Comment

Are you a Kohler shill or a Kohler flack?
                      I am installing a Kohler body spray/shower set up right now and it sucks. The stupid cheese wedge shower head is not in stock, I call the supply house for the cut sheets and they fax them over and there is no rough in info on the rough in sheet. Thanks for nothing, you cheddarheaded morons!

Comment

the flapper only says because the overflow changed from the circular to the rectangular... just to insure you install the correct one. you don't really need to change the entire flush valve.
                        Let me quote from the warning sticker," Severe water damage may result if this flapper is used with a one piece low profile toilet. If your flush valve looks like this (picture) call 800.4.kohler to obtain replacement parts for this product."
                        Well, the picture is about the size of a nickel and poor contrast. So I call customer service which is a pain because my blackberry letters don't match up with the #'s in KOHLER (Why can't they just put the fricking phone # too?) and the customer service lady says they recommend REPLACING THE FLUSH VALVE if mine has a round overflow tube even though this is the flapper they have sold for years (and still do) to use on the round tubed flush valve.
                        So, you're telling me I don't REALLY need to change the entire flush valve. What do I REALLY need to do?

Comment

I just installed my 1st kohlar lav faucet in many years. It was home owner supplied . The chrome looked great. The install was so easy, the faucet was tightened from the top. The best for me was the nut that pushes up on the mac washer on the drain assembly was about a 1/2" thick so my channel locks would not slip. Any how I dislike serviceing kohlar because parts are hard to come by. Now the only place selling Kohlar in Holland Mi. is shutting down, So it will be that much harder.

True fact 4 plumbing supply house in Holland Mi. 3 have a working toilet seat bidet on at least 1 toilet in there shops. the one that doesn't is shutting down.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                            Are you a Kohler shill or a Kohler flack?
                            I am installing a Kohler body spray/shower set up right now and it sucks. The stupid cheese wedge shower head is not in stock, I call the supply house for the cut sheets and they fax them over and there is no rough in info on the rough in sheet. Thanks for nothing, you cheddarheaded morons!
                            I agree. They're body sprays were definitely not designed by or for us plumbers. As for rough in info, I tried looking up K-8030 on their website and downloaded the specification sheet pdf. It referred me to the installation guide which is nowhere to be found. You're right. They are a bunch of "cheeseheads".

Comment

Working...
                            X