Kohler Sucking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohler Sucking

Called Kohler today for a couple of parts to go in a kitchen faucet for a customer. Took 8 minutes to speak to someone. They will not send the parts to me (Moen will), only the customer. Even though they have me on file as a plumber and they can look at my history and tell I'm not trying to cheat them or stockup on parts. The customer worked in some areas that they would like to keep their name & address as private as possible. So that's out. Pisses me off. And no, not available locally even at a Kohler "certified" showroom.

Ever tried to order some things from Kohler through a "certified" showroom or supplier? If they don't make the "truckload or halftruck" then Kohler will not send it. I've sat with the person looking at Kohlers inventory myself. They give them a little code generator that changes every so often that allows them to access inventory. You can be looking at an item in stock that they WILL NOT SHIP regardless of freight. I've tried. I've even told them to double the freight to get keep the job moving. Spoke to a regional sales manager and he tried to debate with me but finally realized it was just nuts. So if the next shipment for an area is 3 months out, guess what?

On top of that, faucets are being made in China. Toilets are being made in Mexico. You know what they do there? Ship all the toilets to Wisconsin then distribute. So if you live in Texas you watch them drive out of town, then drive back.

They are more interested in Ad campaigns than product, installer, and customer service. Bet it gets worse before it gets better.

And while I'm at it, whoever came out with that Ipod (what I call it) shower system is a stupid S.O.B.

I'm close to refusing to install anymore of Kohler.

Done for now.

J.C.

Re: Kohler Sucking

Finding the parts & getting the parts, is why I hate Kohler. One time I broke a lid on a Kohler toilet. I was told they would be making those lids in 6 weeks. They were no help at all. Consequently, the customer withheld payment until I had the lid, which I received 7 weeks later.

So, I'm with ya brother!
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I feel your pain
      I know a lot of people on the forum love Kohler but I will stick with Moen
      But not the home depot moen faucets as they are made to cheaply to compete in that market
      Ive had the same problems with Kohler as you have plus the parts are not universal so you end up spending most of your time trying to figure out and get the right part that you need

Comment

Originally posted by ridgidpipe View Post
        I feel your pain
        I know a lot of people on the forum love Kohler but I will stick with Moen
        But not the home depot moen faucets as they are made to cheaply to compete in that market
        Ive had the same problems with Kohler as you have plus the parts are not universal so you end up spending most of your time trying to figure out and get the right part that you need
        Is there any chance you could edit your years of experience line so that I don't have to side scroll to read your posts?

Comment

I had a job on July 15th installing a kitchen sink and faucet for a lady who had who counter tops replaced. Started to install the faucet that she supplied, and found it was missing pieces. Who wants to guess who the faucet was made by?

Called Kohler on July 16th to have the missing pieces sent out. To my surprise, they offered to send them to me. I asked to have the parts overnighted or sent second day air. They said no problem.

On July 25th I finally got the parts. Installed them for the customer who swore she would never buy another Kohler faucet.

This is not the first time I have had this happen with Kohler products. The only good thing I can say about Kohler customer service is that once I installed a steam generator that quit working after about 6-8 months. I called Kohler expecting a fight to get parts to get this working. To my surprise, they said sorry it isn't working, we are shipping you a brand new unit. They didn't even ask for a serial number.

Makes me wonder if there wasn't a problem with the steam units they knew about.

Comment

JC, I wonder if the Kohler rep is going to give you an ear full like the Delta guy is going to give Dunby?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              JC, I wonder if the Kohler rep is going to give you an ear full like the Delta guy is going to give Dunby?
              No. He doesn't want to give me an earful. His shirt might get dirty.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                Finding the parts & getting the parts, is why I hate Kohler. One time I broke a lid on a Kohler toilet. I was told they would be making those lids in 6 weeks. They were no help at all. Consequently, the customer withheld payment until I had the lid, which I received 7 weeks later.

So, I'm with ya brother!
                I had to buy one of those Kohler lids. It only took a week, but it was $106 after shipping (and I still needed to go pick it up at the supply house). Apparently black is expensive because it is a "fashion" color. The flapper for a similar toilet was something like $14 too.

Comment

OK, we got the number one faucet in America switching to plastic, Kohler will send the cartridge next year, I've had trouble with new Moens leaking after install and heard others have as well.
                  Everythings made in Mexica, China, designed in Japan & engineered in Germany.

I wish George Carlin were still alive, a plumber & a member of this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
                    I had a job on July 15th installing a kitchen sink and faucet for a lady who had who counter tops replaced. Started to install the faucet that she supplied, and found it was missing pieces. Who wants to guess who the faucet was made by?

Called Kohler on July 16th to have the missing pieces sent out. To my surprise, they offered to send them to me. I asked to have the parts overnighted or sent second day air. They said no problem.

On July 25th I finally got the parts. Installed them for the customer who swore she would never buy another Kohler faucet.

This is not the first time I have had this happen with Kohler products. The only good thing I can say about Kohler customer service is that once I installed a steam generator that quit working after about 6-8 months. I called Kohler expecting a fight to get parts to get this working. To my surprise, they said sorry it isn't working, we are shipping you a brand new unit. They didn't even ask for a serial number.

Makes me wonder if there wasn't a problem with the steam units they knew about.
                    I had one last Friday, new tops in the kitchen and lav and new toilet. We had sent her to the A/S showroom, she didn't like the rep so she went looking at my old employers showroom and bought, you guessed it, all Kohler. One of the lav faucets was missing the stem to handle adapters, and the kitchen faucet was missing the mounting hardware. Needless to say, I was back to finish Monday, but I went back to my old employers store myself and got the inserts and another faucet. (Fortunately, I'm still on good terms there.)

If Delta goes plastic, at least American Standard is made on this continent.

And now a moment of silence while we all remember What Would George Do?
                    sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Last American Standard lav. faucet I installed had Made In China on it.

J.C.

Comment

i don't recommend kohler, but i fix a lot of kohler toilets and faucets.

as i've said before, kohler needs to get rid of some of the rocket scientist and hire some real plumbers to advise them.

how many different toilet flappers do they need to design before they figure out what works

if their toilets would suck as much as they do, maybe i would recommend them

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          Last American Standard lav. faucet I installed had Made In China on it.

J.C.
                          And I thought they were made in Mexico. And I thought all plumbers liked
                          Kohler toilets. ($$$). So the industry is going to go back to the old standby from years ago, Gerber. Haven't sold one of those in years. I do
                          like the new replacement tub cartridges though.
                          sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Originally posted by Killertoiletspider View Post
                            Is there any chance you could edit your years of experience line so that I don't have to side scroll to read your posts?
                            Sure I can thanks for letting me know this was causing a problem I had no idea

Comment

Originally posted by Killertoiletspider View Post
                              Hopefully thats better

Comment

Working...
                              X