• Show
Clear All

• 6"

Click image for larger version

Name:	c4982937e0bda162af192351859fc2df.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	3854
    check ou my latest backflow install---i did 2 of these manifolds--just finished putting hotboxes on today--took old meter pits out and brought it out of ground--all 6" main off of 30" city main--did all design and piping myself.--had a lot of fun--2 manifolds in trailer park--1 on each end of park--this was a hell of a job--yes im bragging
    Last edited by plumberjr; 07-30-2008, 09:28 PM.

Re: 6"

Real nice.
    The only thing I'd do different is solder...not a big fan of propress.

Comment

PROPRESS IS MY FAVORITE TOOL--MAKES THE JOB SO EASY ESPECIALLY WHEN THE SUPPLY HOUSE GIVES YOU 2 BENT SWEAT SLIP COUPLINGS

Comment

Nice work. I agree that I would have soldered it as well

Comment

Looks good but is that a strainer on the vertical? ---how does it work then. The propress is the bypass?---

Comment

The first manifold was a soldered bypass--this one was aggravating, as i got 2 bent slips and when i noticed, it was 5:30 and everyone was closed and i didnt want to leave it open for someone to open--stock press fitts in the truck--got the job done

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
              Real nice.
              .not a big fan of propress.
              But he lives in the propress capital of the world! Elyria, Ohio
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Yes strainer is on vertical and i didnt have a choice--the city decided to change meters at the last minute, which was 9" bigger and threw my strainer on the vertical--i already had the hotboxes and they are custom--no returns
                yes that bypass is 2"

Comment

no drain for catostrophic discharge? need to be at least 4" dia. and that meter is going to give way false readings right on the elbow like that you are supposed to have 4 times the pipe diameter before the meter to cut down on turbulance. Here we would need to provide some kind of support should the water company ever change the meter there should be one right under the 6" gate valve on the incoming side of the RPZ. Why did you need the bypass? they didnt require a bypass meter? If you cannot shut off the water in applications such as laboratories and hospitals one must install 2 RPZ's in parallel. I understand you had to install the stainer vertical but because they changed the meter on you but 9" isnt exactly the 24" required 12" if a strainer is installed right before the meter to cut down on turbulance should have at least factored that in to your design before you ordered your Hot Boxes. Not to knock you I think you did a great job on the install just providing a little constructive criticism to learn from. Did it pass inspection by the local health dpeartment?

Comment

YES--ON PAPER AND TO A DESK GUY ALL THAT SOUNDS GREAT, BUT FOR THE GUY THAT GETS HIS HANDS DIRTY AND BUSTS HIS A## TO FIT ALL THIS IN WITHIN THE SMALL AREA I HAD,NOT SO EASY--AS YOU CAN SEE--THIS PIC HAS A GRAVEL BASE-- THERE IS CONCRETE NOW,UNDERCARRIAGE SUPPORTS AND A HOTBOX--ALSO ANY PLUMBER THAT PAYS ATTENTION CAN SEE THAT IS A WILKINS 350 A-DOUBLE CHECK---I NEVER SAW A DOUBLE CHECK THAT COULD CREATE A CATASTROPHIC DISCHARGE!!!!!!!-THEY DONT HAVE THOSE IN OHIO YET
                    JUST TO THE RIGHT IS A TRAILER, AND TO THE LEFT IS A FIRE HYDRANT
                    ALSO THE WATER DEPT DID APPROVE THIS WITH NO HESITATION,AS ALWAYS!!
                    AND HERE WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO METER BYPASS LINES IF LOCKED UP, WHICH IT IS
                    AND ALL OF THE VELOCITY TALK IS GREAT TOO--HOW CAN I SELL MY CUSTOMER INTO A 30 FOOT HOTBOX??
                    IT WORKS,NO PROBLEMS AND THE WATER DEPT IS HAPPY,CUSTOMER IS HAPPY AND I MADE A CHUNK OF CHANGE

Comment

YOU SAY SOLDER I SAY PROPRESS SO WHAT ?
                      ON BLOW UP SEE HOW NEAT HIS JOINTS ARE,
                      THE MAIN THING IS HE

GOT UR DONE ! ! ! !

JERRYMAC
                      E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                      CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                      FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                      SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Since you know how to post pics, could you post a pic of your laptop/seesnake setup? Everyday I check the forum only to be dissapointed that you haven't let us see your contraption.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                          YES--ON PAPER AND TO A DESK GUY ALL THAT SOUNDS GREAT, BUT FOR THE GUY THAT GETS HIS HANDS DIRTY AND BUSTS HIS A## TO FIT ALL THIS IN WITHIN THE SMALL AREA I HAD,NOT SO EASY--AS YOU CAN SEE--THIS PIC HAS A GRAVEL BASE-- THERE IS CONCRETE NOW,UNDERCARRIAGE SUPPORTS AND A HOTBOX--ALSO ANY PLUMBER THAT PAYS ATTENTION CAN SEE THAT IS A WILKINS 350 A-DOUBLE CHECK---I NEVER SAW A DOUBLE CHECK THAT COULD CREATE A CATASTROPHIC DISCHARGE!!!!!!!-THEY DONT HAVE THOSE IN OHIO YET
                          JUST TO THE RIGHT IS A TRAILER, AND TO THE LEFT IS A FIRE HYDRANT
                          ALSO THE WATER DEPT DID APPROVE THIS WITH NO HESITATION,AS ALWAYS!!
                          AND HERE WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO METER BYPASS LINES IF LOCKED UP, WHICH IT IS
                          AND ALL OF THE VELOCITY TALK IS GREAT TOO--HOW CAN I SELL MY CUSTOMER INTO A 30 FOOT HOTBOX??
                          IT WORKS,NO PROBLEMS AND THE WATER DEPT IS HAPPY,CUSTOMER IS HAPPY AND I MADE A CHUNK OF CHANGE
                          I apologize it looked like an RPZ i couldnt make out the make or model on the unit because when i blew it up it was still hard to see. FYI I have put my time in the trenches doing plumbing for quite a few years I am not as you would say a "desk guy" by any stretch of the word. and it is not 24 feet it is 24 inches before the meter, had you installed the strainer directly before the meter you could have reduced that to 12" and no your customer will not be so happy when they are paying for 3 times the amount of water than they actually use! I have provided you with constructive criticism, If i didnt think you could take it and learn from it I wouldnt have said it at all I apologize for upseting you.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                            I apologize it looked like an RPZ i couldnt make out the make or model on the unit because when i blew it up it was still hard to see. FYI I have put my time in the trenches doing plumbing for quite a few years I am not as you would say a "desk guy" by any stretch of the word. and it is not 24 feet it is 24 inches before the meter, had you installed the strainer directly before the meter you could have reduced that to 12" and no your customer will not be so happy when they are paying for 3 times the amount of water than they actually use! I have provided you with constructive criticism, If i didnt think you could take it and learn from it I wouldnt have said it at all I apologize for upseting you.
                            I was about to explain that.
                            You're just going to be a terror...in a good way.

Comment

i actually talked to the water dept and engineer today--both said all the technical stuff may be true, but noone ever has room to do--like i said

also, i did talk to meter rep,who called engineers,who said that your statement would be true if this was a turbine meter----being that this is a hi/low compound,no application can give a false reading-ever!!! now that is out of the mouth of the guys that designed it--is it possible that these guys dont know or test their product???? i dont think so

i dont mind being criticized or informed, i just prefer the source has all info right and all circumstances covered--- no im not cocky, just proud

Comment

Working...
                              X