X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brands of Boilers

I apologize for being a non-pro on the Ridgid site, but I'm wondering if the regulars could give me some advice. I'm getting a new boiler and want to know if I should get an HB Smith, Burnham, Peerless, or someone else. Many thanks for any info you can provide.
    Andrew Davis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew:
    I apologize for being a non-pro on the Ridgid site, but I'm wondering if the regulars could give me some advice. I'm getting a new boiler and want to know if I should get an HB Smith, Burnham, Peerless, or someone else. Many thanks for any info you can provide.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should be more concerned with the contractor than with the boiler brand.

Comment

in my opinion id go with a weil mclain nat. gas boiler... it is the most efficient boiler i have ever installed... but definitly get a reputable plumber, dont just go through the yellow pages!!!

Comment

Re: Brands of Boilers

if you have gas go with a weil-mclain ultra 93% eff for normal space heating
        if oil weil-mclain wgo with a beckett burner 85.3% or a reillo burner 86.4% eff
        "Do it so you can go to sleep at night."

Comment

Gas or oil fired, Buderus, Viessmann or System 2000. Next in line for me would be Weil McLain and HB Smith.
          sigpic

Comment

This thread is over 7 years old. I'd hope he got his boiler by now.

Comment

Working...
            X