Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vent Tee installed upside down

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    What, you never saw a tv antenna strapped to a vent stack? Before cable we saw that on a regular basis.

Ducky, You didn't know NH gives the journeyman and masters test open book? And you all wonder why my bp's 185 over 130 I fight this stupidity weekly.
    As I ready to take the NH test (god knows when) I was all prepped to have to memorize the major differences in the code...and there are some MAJOR differences.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Good ole Rex Cauldwell. If you want to see the defecation hit the oscillation rotor, post or ask about his under sink drainage system.

How did you know that he wrote that book? Good eye Gear Junkie!
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

You asked for it.

Comment

Look how clean his hands are-those aren't plumber's hands
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Wow, that is some ugly-looking piping to be proud of in a book! It looks similar to junk I cut out and repipe on a regular basis.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
              Thank you for all the information.

Toolaholic, sorry to disappoint you by starting this thread. I have a good amount of respect for most of plumbers on this forum. Feel free to start your own thread.

Many times in plumbing I have found what one plumber holds true is nothing more than a old wives tale. Trying to break this barrier is often difficult as many plumbers know what they know, because they know what they know.

The reason I posted this thread was to learn something about venting and tee's and to settle the debate with my boss. However it seems we are both right.

The picture I posted is from a book I bought at Home Depot last week. It has some good information in it and some that is just plain wrong.
              Actually you are right and your boss is wrong. You already posted the correct Code Section which proves it. I think it is time for you to get a raise.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Holy crap trap Batman, He actually took pictures of and published that in a book? That's the kind of work I'd blame on my brother in law.
                sigpic

Comment

It looks like cpvc glue was used on the joints! Hack attack! Not to mention the obvious lack of a cleanout access, which would annoy drain-cleaners down the road.
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Holy crap trap Batman, He actually took pictures of and published that in a book? That's the kind of work I'd blame on my brother in law.
                    I think the pics are set up to allow Harry the happy homeowner to feel reel gud about his rubber plumbing prowess.

Comment

His undersink work was printed in Fine Homebuilding(I think that's the name-the parent company of fine woodworking) a couple months ago. I think someone posted about that too.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Hi Tyman , I'm guessing I must have offended You. That was never My intent! This is a great thread ,and I think many of Us learned a little something from it.
                        My experience ,when working in SF ,about 20 or so inspectors, is a few will add in their own preferences, on occasion . This won't be in the UPC or the city ammendments. Doesn't pay to make waves!
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Thanks Tool, all is good.

Comment

Working...
                          X