X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The devistating l.a. Shaker ,were doomed

Lets all move to NEW HAMPSHIRE, Only kidding Master.
    Any GAS E.Q. VALVES CLOSE?? I believe they kick at 5.5 and up ,Or Jose the gardener
    doing a 360 off one!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: The devistating l.a. Shaker ,were doomed

tool, i didn't get a call and neither did my buddies x shop. i was surprised too.

but there was nothing that fell at the house or the shop

i'm afraid that when we do get a decent shake, there will be people that reset their own valves without knowing how to properly clock test a meter.

also when the valves first came out, it was legal to install 1 valve for a bank of meters. when this trips, now you have 2-60 meters that shut.

who is going to test each meter and light each pilot in this scenario?

i'm more worried about this than not having a valve

about 5 years ago they canceled the 1 valve per meter bank. now it's 1 valve per meter. still grandfathered in.

it's also funny as santa monica is now requiring valves as of jan. 08. they were one of the hardest hit areas and it took them 14 years to require them

beverly hills still doesn't require them.

los angeles has required them shortly after the 94 northridge quake.

(northridge is part of the city of los angeles.)

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Maybe , It's a double edge sword for some. I installed 2 free ones so far, for folks that have been good to Me and family. Kinda unusual gift,I guess. Iwonder If P G AND E WILL RE SET AND RELITE ,WHEN A LARGER ONE COMES.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

NO THEY WON'T THAT IS WHY THE STATE OF CALIF. GAS CO'S FOUGHT TO KEEP EARTHQUAKE VALVES OUT OF HOMES FOR SO LONG, THEY HAVE MUCH BIGGER FISH TO FRY
        SUCH AS HOSPITALS AND OTHER LARGE COMMC, INDUSTRIAL, PLACES PLUS THEIR OWN SYSTEMS TO WORRY ABOUT ! ! !

THIS STRAIGHT FROM THE GAS CO. WHEN I FIRST
        GOT CERTIFIED TO INSTALL GAS VALVES IN 1989
        JERRYMAC
        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Hi Jerry . In Marin Co. , Any gas work permit requires one installed. Soo ,If You Pull a
          permit to run gas for a barbacue , You will add the E Q valve. I get $400 for the wall mounted ASSI valve.

Comment

YES BECAUSE AFTER THE OAKLAND, AND NORTHRIDGE EARTHQUAKES THE DIFFERENT AHJ'S TOLD THE GAS CO'S THAT THEY WANTED THEM APPROVED, THAT WHY IS THE So. CALIF. GAS CO. STARTED TRAINING PLUMBERS TO INSTALL ON GAS CO. SIDE OF THEIR METERS
            AND NOW THEY ARE EITHER REQUIRED OR APPROVED IN SUCH EARTHQUAKE AREAS,
            BUT THEY ARE STILL NOT PUSHED OUTSIDE THE CALIF. AREAS SUCH AS PACIFIC NORTHWEST
            JERRYMAC
            E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
            CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
            FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
            SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
              THAT WHY IS THE So. CALIF. GAS CO. STARTED TRAINING PLUMBERS TO INSTALL ON GAS CO. SIDE OF THEIR METERS

and that was a total disaster. that is why it's no longer approved to do this type of install.

now it's 1 valve per meter.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X