X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad product designs

I'm sure we have all run across a product that we thought was horribly designed. So, let's hear about them

We took out two AS Cadets and replaced them with Kohler Cimmerons since they wouldn't flush. Also, we installed a Cadet and the thing seemed like it barely flushed when the toilet we just pulled out was working fine (the customer wanted to upgrade).

C'mon, just look at this trap:

There are pictures of different Cadets with a smoother "flowing" trap on the internet, but I have yet to see one. Weird.
    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Re: Bad product designs

i cant believe you like kohler----good luck getting their CUSTOM parts--
    order today and see them in 2 months---i refuse to install or repair kohler --they are the worst company to deal with, as usually you call and someone answers that does not speak good english and they never give you a name and if u ask for it they tell u that u cant reach them, its random answering and someone else picks up and then by the end of your call, you told the same story 7 times--rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i like gerber and mansfield toilets--i never have issues, i especially like the p/a toilets as they have great warranties and if you ever call gerber, they send out all new parts without questions---free

i hate kohler
    i needed 2 king george kohler shower mixer caps for a customers 2 units that had a bad leak--kohler factory sent the wrong ones 2 x and i even gave pics and #'s--1st set arrived in 4 weeks--final set arrived 8 weeks after 1st call
    i hate kohler

Comment

looks like fun for my k-6 auger---cant wait

Comment

I've been on a tangent with Cimaron & Drake.
        Installed a one piece Cimaron today and I gotta come clean...
        The flush is fast, but the bowl doesn't get rinsed very well...I dunno, the thing wasn't cheap and the customer didn't look very happy when he noticed it.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post

The flush is fast, but the bowl doesn't get rinsed very well...I dunno, the thing wasn't cheap and the customer didn't look very happy when he noticed it.
          How were you able to tell with just a test flush?
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I've been on a tangent with Cimaron & Drake.
            Installed a one piece Cimaron today and I gotta come clean...

Ahh that's old news on the cimmarron. Notorious for bad bowl flush/rinse.

Tell the guy to eat a block of cheese at bedtime every time and that problem will be solved instantly in regards to loose bowels.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
              Ahh that's old news on the cimmarron. Notorious for bad bowl flush/rinse.

Tell the guy to eat a block of cheese at bedtime every time and that problem will be solved instantly in regards to loose bowels.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                How were you able to tell with just a test flush?
                Joey, it's not rocket science!

Just observe the bowl as it flushes...you can easily watch the water as it runs down in patches.
                No swirling, no coverage, just isolated streams that don't completely cover the bowl surface.
                It's very fast with the large flapper, but I have to wonder if maybe too fast is really a good thing.
                Starting to think these toilets are a fad.
                Dunbars demented reply makes the point clear...you'll need a toilet brush on hand.

Comment

Joey, it's not rocket science!

Just observe the bowl as it flushes...you can easily watch the water as it runs down in patches.
                  No swirling, no coverage, just isolated streams that don't completely cover the bowl surface.
                  It's very fast with the large flapper, but I have to wonder if maybe too fast is really a good thing.
                  Starting to think these toilets are a fad.
                  Dunbars demented reply makes the point clear...you'll need a toilet brush on hand.
                  Thanks. This is what happens when you sit and flush as oppose to stand and watch as you flush. You become an expert flusher
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Quest pipe, watts floodsafe risers, general's drophead toilet auger, and I'll think of some more later.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                      And who says you can't get free medical advise on the internet.

Comment

Two words: WATERLESS URINALS or as I like to call em, Wall Hung Stink Pots.
                        sigpic

Comment

European shower inwalls that have to be roughed in so they stick out of the sheetrock.
                          Too many plastic parts where brass would be better.
                          Tankless water heaters with inlet screens that foul way too easily.
                          More to follow.

Comment

American Standard Vent-Away

Kohler San Rafael/Rialto ballcock

American Standard Champion Flushvalve

Porcher L'Expression One Piece Toilet (since when do the French fancy themselves as hygiene engineers?)

Volkswagen Jetta without a key entry on passenger side

Bradley Washfountains
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------
                            I love my drophead closet auger
                            Last edited by plumberscrack; 08-05-2008, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Kohler widespreads.
                              trying to tighten the spout tee assmebly as well as the comp. hoses under a pedastil when a basin wrench is too big to grab them and your fingers ain't gonna fit without twisting the spouts position above, then hoping they're tight enough as you open the stops.

Comment

Working...
                              X