X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at this customer review...OUCH!

I see it get discussed here, and have heard about it. Sounds to me like they should have camera'd first, then cleaned.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0339191.htm

Re: Look at this customer review...OUCH!

OUCH!! is right. sounds to me like a bait & switch.

curious to know what the $99 cleaning was good for. it smell of scam to me

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

the customer's next call should be to the local small claims court where the plumber can explain to a judge or arbitrator why his $99 special doesn't apply to old plumbing.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
        the customer's next call should be to the local small claims court where the plumber can explain to a judge or arbitrator why his $99 special doesn't apply to old plumbing.
        At the point the customer was quoted $980, would have been a good point to tell the plumber to leave and call someone else. No one is a winner when a lawsuit is involved.

Comment

"Yes, that's right ma'am, the job is complete. Pay me $980.00 and your sewer should be clear by morning"

Comment

I hear about this all the time

There are folks around here that advertise drain cleaning for $49.00, another one states "Starting at $29.00". I've had more than one Customer state that they have called these folks only to get a song & dance of a thousand questions and a final price that would make any lawyer envious. But, like any scam artist, it only takes one beaten down Customer to make your day, so they just keep throw'n it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
              No one is a winner when a lawsuit is involved.
              what about the attorneys?

i agree. just had to get a gig in

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

normally i side with the homeowner.

but is this lady an idiot or just clueless

since when do you wait for days to get a sewer cleaned and fork over 10 times the amount advertised.

and that's just the start.

she needs more help than any plumber can give her.

the plumber needs to refund all of her money and get a close up look at their business practices.

so there are no winners.

just a couple of real loser's.

sorry i'm hard on her, but how naive is she

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. There are 1000's like her, I wonder if she did actually write the complaint herself, possibly a child of hers?. You see this happening with the older seniors all the time. They get scammed, kids find out, and complaint gets filed.

Comment

I hate agreeing with Rick...but he's right about the fact that this gal comes off too much like she's innocent.

THIS is a case where I would side with the customer, yes, but I found myself wondering why she hadn't gotten a second opinion when quoted $980.

Also, her stating they only took an hour is suspect.

Comment

There are folks out there, that can't deal with everyday situations that most of Us have no problem with. These Guys are crooks. Hope they get sued. Bless Her
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        "Yes, that's right ma'am, the job is complete. Pay me $980.00 and your sewer should be clear by morning"

If the job was complete, why would it take till morning for the line to be clear???????
                        The Other Rick

Comment

EXACTLY. I don't care what you charge.... but you do the job to completion.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PCPlumber
                            You thief! You stole my words. This is exactly what I was going to say.

Jack
                            jack, remember i actually met you

i actually spoke to a new customer tonight, 5 minutes ago and pretty much told them this story.
                            they got a free camera inspection with no video tape

along with an estimate of $8,000.

guess what?

for $340.00 they will get a real inspection with a tape and an honest opinion of what to do.

the other plumber already wanted to sell them a reline and scared them that the line will collapse and their opportunity will be lost. of course the salesman has called them a few times since 3 weeks ago.

the owner has lived there for many, many years and the stoppages are every 9 months.

fortunately my new customer is much smarter than this lady that was taken

how was vegas

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Rick talks like this.

Jack, talks, like, this.

Comment

Working...
                              X