X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pricing scenario

you know what irks the h#ll outta of me is the fact that not only did you go above and beyond but your imagination as well as your skill as well as your ingenuity i could go on all day was met with a grimace, i say [this goes out to your customer and the last half is to you] stick the cleat were the sun dont shine and what ever you charged was not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by aero1 View Post
      you know what irks the h#ll outta of me is the fact that not only did you go above and beyond but your imagination as well as your skill as well as your ingenuity i could go on all day was met with a grimace, i say [this goes out to your customer and the last half is to you] stick the cleat were the sun dont shine and what ever you charged was not enough.
      I hear you loud and clear Aero! Some people are just like that. They sing your praises, and love the service rendered....until its time to pay, then they whine and complain. All businesses have to deal with them from time to time.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

The only thing I would be concerned with is, were you fair to the customer? If your answer is yes, water on a ducks back my friend.
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

For some customers; he could have charged $50 bucks and still got the grimace

That'll be me in a few months throwing my back out trying to lift that damn bowl off the floor....WTF won't this thing come up??!!!..URRRHHHH!!!!

Comment

We do T&M not to exceed $whatever. That way they know up front what it could be, but if all goes good it could be less. Giving a price up front on something that goes over a certain number of hours usually has a lower hourly anyway, you have to price service hourly higher.

Just curious, did anyone try caulking the toilet base and puttying the inside of the rim?
            sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

What I charged..

$275.00

This was mostly due to the proximity of the job, which was no more than 5 minutes from my house. I do try to give local (within my city) Customers the very best price possible. Outside my local city it would have been $300 plus.

It's a little hard to quote prices up front when you're trodding on the unfamiliar, but the Customer was truely happy to get a professional and long lasting resolve to a problem that was band-aided twice in the past with just reseating the toilet. Hey, nobody wants to spend hard earned money on crap like this....I know I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by boillerman View Post

Just curious, did anyone try caulking the toilet base and puttying the inside of the rim?
                I hope thats not considered a permanent fix.

Comment

Caulking may of worked have you ever tried to lift a caulked toilet before cutting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                    A T&M Plumber could give an upfront price too, but who's to tell how accurate it'd be?

For you to just jump out and bring out the one liner flat rate thing is frustrating. This topic has been discussed a million times over.
                    Ever give a price for a bathroom renovation? I guess you give a t & m price for that? I would have given an upfront price too, it's not rocket science. You dont need a price book to give a flat rate price, the book is just part of an image. I would have seen what type of toilet it was, how much room there was to work in the bathroom, and would have taken all the particulars in my head and give a price in a matter of minutes. Again, not rocket science.

Comment

t & m is the only way to go---give a flat rate and find out you opened pandoras box=---i dont care how much experience you have or how big your ego is, noone can look at every job and give a flat rate and make money on everyone----noone-----------i would rather go t&m and know i make $ on every job---maybe this kind of thinking is why i have enough of a budget to own every tool i possibly could need---i dont rent tools, i buy them and they all say the same thing--RIDGID-------its too much of a gamble shooting out prices on everything especially when you havent ripped into the project

Comment

Hang on, here we go fellas......

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                          t & m is the only way to go---give a flat rate and find out you opened pandoras box=---i dont care how much experience you have or how big your ego is, noone can look at every job and give a flat rate and make money on everyone----noone-----------i would rather go t&m and know i make $ on every job---maybe this kind of thinking is why i have enough of a budget to own every tool i possibly could need---i dont rent tools, i buy them and they all say the same thing--RIDGID-------its too much of a gamble shooting out prices on everything especially when you havent ripped into the project
                          So what do you do for bathroom renovations?

Comment

bathrooms, if total gut job--will go to plumbing install dept---not my headache

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                              bathrooms, if total gut job--will go to plumbing install dept---not my headache
                              I dont understand your reply. So you dont own your company and are telling people how they wont make money using f.r. pricing?

Well what does the install dept do?

Comment

So I guess you do strictly service? So you cant tell a homeowner how much it will cost to replace a flapper and ballcock? Or to replace a the tubular piping under a sink? Snake a shower stall? Replace 8 feet of 3" pvc? How far do you think I would be off on my up-front pricing on any of those jobs I just mentioned? What could go wrong to make me lose money?

Comment

Working...
                                X