Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pricing scenario

the template was a cleaver idea.

but caulking a toilet properly would glue it to the floor and even a hammer would not get it to move.

this being a tile floor, the caulking would bite very well to the grout and tile.

there are plenty of toilets that i have to use a putty knife and a hammer to to get them to come undone.

i do like your idea

i just find it difficult to justify all the work over a tube of caulking and 24 hours to let it properly dry.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
      no-no-no----i said i do not like and wont use flat rate pricing---to me its a large gamble-- i dont like the idea of u win some, u lose some---i said id rather stick to t&m and know positively that im making money on all work done
      also, also at the top right corner of this post is my job title--i run the service dept-- we also have an install dept--install does large projects and any project that would consume more than 1 -1/2 days---i have a very swamped service dept--right now and usually all year im booked for about the next 10 days--now i do leave 1 slot open in each servicemans schedule for emergencies--i cant be tied down for that long--id rather bill 7 jobs in a day at 96.50 an hour than be on a quoted project at 75 an hour-----see my point??? call me greedy, but i run a service dept with heavy traffic--my guys are always on the move--we make a real good living

for a plumber that works by himself and does everything himself,i understand that you dont have a choice , but to do it all--our system works well and we do have over 20,000 customers--we must be doin it right
      I never said what you do is wrong. If it works for you that is great. But the win some lose some mentality is way, way off base. I think you dont fully understand up-front or f.r. pricing. Im sure the company you work for does great, and I think it's awesome that your boss' company has 20,000 customers. I do pretty well for myself too

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        the template was a cleaver idea.

but caulking a toilet properly would glue it to the floor and even a hammer would not get it to move.

rick.
        And it's code!

Comment

Originally posted by glkearns View Post
          And it's code!
          Not here.

Comment

Working...
          X