Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duck butter is busted

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    10 more years and pouring lead will just be something the old timers tell tales about. Long live the no hub clamp.

Any one remember how to fabricate a lead drum trap from sheet stock?
    Heck no, that'd be another interesting sight to see.
    About the farthest back into the old school I'd been taught was how to make a copper pan.

Comment

Upside joint is takes a lot of practice. You take the runner and well run it up the pipe clamp it and pack oakum in the spots where the lead will spill out then the lead needs to be really really hot so it does'nt set up on the way down. I like to preheat the pipe too in this area.
      sigpic

Comment

I always squirted oil into the joint if it was wet or damp. And doing my apprenticeship in Michigan, it was often wet or damp . . .

Never did an upside-down joint, though. (Lots of horizontal.)

Comment

Yep, the oil trick works good, but it stinks something awfull. It's a wonder we all don't have lung cancer.

Did you know you can roast weenies over a lead pot?
          sigpic

Comment

I think it would be fun for some of the older plumbers to do a Lead Pour teach in.It could be a Sat. Sun. get togeather. We could do a West vs East coast Pour in, with pictures JOEY could SEE . I would fly South for that , I like ICE CREAM , and tool flee markets . Maybe try that K-60. Maybe GLKEARNS [ Greg] will fly down with Me.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

That'd be a blast, but I still don't get how you can't see the lines.
              I couldn't have held the cam any closer, it's right on top of the thing.

I have horrible sight, yet I see it fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                That'd be a blast, but I still don't get how you can't see the lines.
                I couldn't have held the cam any closer, it's right on top of the thing.

I have horrible sight, yet I see it fine.
                Nope we really couldn't tell. Oh well. I do believe you though. . .now

I would love to see you do one Tool.
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                X