Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
At least they used a pan Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • At least they used a pan

    I think the pictures say everything.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Re: At least they used a pan

    You guys are always so picky
    spodelee

    Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: At least they used a pan

      I just threw up a little. I haven't seen anything that friggin' ugly in awhile!
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: At least they used a pan

        That really looks like PVC on the hot line.

        J.C.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: At least they used a pan

          And here are the pictures of the pedestal sink from the same house.
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: At least they used a pan

            Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            That really looks like PVC on the hot line.

            J.C.

            Schedule 40 though, it'll be OK
            spodelee

            Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: At least they used a pan

              Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
              And here are the pictures of the pedestal sink from the same house.
              Now that's High Art right there! You just have to have a taste for Fine Hackery.
              Last edited by Service Guy; 08-09-2008, 12:50 AM.
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: At least they used a pan

                Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
                And here are the pictures of the pedestal sink from the same house.
                Damn I hate Home Depot
                spodelee

                Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: At least they used a pan

                  That offset-pedestal-faucet gave me a laugh.

                  I could be wrong, but this sure does look like low end rental property. Landlords seem to do plumbing like this or hire handymen that do it this way.

                  J.C.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: At least they used a pan

                    I'm pretty sure the landlord built the house himself. The walls are at funny angles, the tile work was poorly done, PVC for hot and cold lines indoors, etc. I think most everything in the house is original and done wrong.

                    It used to be a 130 mile round trip to fill up your car with cheap Glacier Bay crap, but that all changes a week from Monday. The Home Depot opens it's doors in this town that day. I can only imagine the kind of hack work I will run into then.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: At least they used a pan

                      Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
                      I'm pretty sure the landlord built the house himself. The walls are at funny angles, the tile work was poorly done, PVC for hot and cold lines indoors, etc. I think most everything in the house is original and done wrong.

                      It used to be a 130 mile round trip to fill up your car with cheap Glacier Bay crap, but that all changes a week from Monday. The Home Depot opens it's doors in this town that day. I can only imagine the kind of hack work I will run into then.
                      Oh boy, are you in for a change!
                      spodelee

                      Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: At least they used a pan

                        I knew it! Cheap landlords will do it everytime.

                        Happiness is nothing more than having something to look forward too.

                        And with HD coming to your area.....you've got alot to look forward too.

                        Charge the camera batteries.

                        J.C.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: At least they used a pan

                          I will give HD credit for one thing. I wanted to buy about 700 Brasscraft angle stops once, so I made a list and took it to the plumbing supply houses I deal with. They all said they would get back to me with a price right away. A month came and went and I didn't here anything.

                          I had the list with me one day when I went to HD, so I decided to give them the list and see what happened. They got back to me in a few days, and had a very good price. So I ordered from them. If any of my suppliers had bothered getting back to me, I would have bought from them even if it did cost more.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: At least they used a pan

                            Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
                            I will give HD credit for one thing. I wanted to buy about 700 Brasscraft angle stops once, so I made a list and took it to the plumbing supply houses I deal with. They all said they would get back to me with a price right away. A month came and went and I didn't here anything.

                            I had the list with me one day when I went to HD, so I decided to give them the list and see what happened. They got back to me in a few days, and had a very good price. So I ordered from them. If any of my suppliers had bothered getting back to me, I would have bought from them even if it did cost more.
                            Yes, we tradespeople who hate Home Depot for the degeneration of our craft refer to that as the "HD Catch 22"
                            spodelee

                            Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: At least they used a pan

                              Originally posted by spodelee View Post
                              Yes, we tradespeople who hate Home Depot for the degeneration of our craft refer to that as the "HD Catch 22"
                              How does shopping in a supply house which has higher prices than HD preserve the trade?
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X