X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgis Propress RP330-C

The RP330C doesn't have a battery - uses a power cord. Looks like the model is real new - anyone seen them for sale online anywhere? toolup.com doesn't have them as well as a couple of others.
    spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Re: Ridgis Propress RP330-C

I was told the 330 has a 18 volt battery and will go 33,ooo presses before service--obviously, an 18 volt will last a lot longer on those big jobs--we are close to getting a new press, as we are using ours more and more everyday--the 330b is looking real good now and it has a 270 degree swivel head--im not sure if its released yet, but most likely as my supplier sent me all the info on the 2 new ones--corded and cordless

propress is the best tool on the market--especially when that old gate valve wont shut all the way off!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spodelee View Post
      The RP330C doesn't have a battery - uses a power cord. Looks like the model is real new - anyone seen them for sale online anywhere? toolup.com doesn't have them as well as a couple of others.
      the roundup was a good source of top secret info.

the corded version was in the works.

talk to ridgid dave for the scoop.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Here ya go Spodelee.

The price seems high to me though.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2GME5
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

FWIW

At the Roundup, I held the RP330C in my left hand while holding the RP330B in my right

The corded version actually felt heavier because it wasn't balance by the extra few ounces of the battery. Unless you had this thing in your hand all day I doubt it would make a difference.

Comment

dont buy it at grainger--its cheaper than that at our supply house----and when u order fom them,u pay lots of freight

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
              Here ya go Spodelee.

The price seems high to me though.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2GME5
              Thanks Tyman, forgot all about good ol' Grainger. Our standard discount price is $2430 - a bit better than the 2700 book price. I can probably get the cost down a little more by asking our grainger rep for a special quote.

I owe you one!
              spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                FWIW

At the Roundup, I held the RP330C in my left hand while holding the RP330B in my right

The corded version actually felt heavier because it wasn't balance by the extra few ounces of the battery. Unless you had this thing in your hand all day I doubt it would make a difference.
                Great observation!

Actually, I am looking to buy the cord model so there are no batteries to maintain/charge. I like simple, especially for tools we won't use every day.
                spodelee

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                  I was told the 330 has a 18 volt battery and will go 33,ooo presses before service--obviously, an 18 volt will last a lot longer on those big jobs--we are close to getting a new press, as we are using ours more and more everyday--the 330b is looking real good now and it has a 270 degree swivel head--im not sure if its released yet, but most likely as my supplier sent me all the info on the 2 new ones--corded and cordless

propress is the best tool on the market--especially when that old gate valve wont shut all the way off!!!!!
                  Tell me about it... another tankless retrofit with a leaky main has convinced me that the $2400 is a good investment!
                  spodelee

Comment

the propress does to copper what the k-60 does to drains

now, if i start preaching the advantages of a propress over soldering,

will allclear start debating me over propress vs. soldering

i've been using propress longer than i've been using a k-60

so if you like the k-60

you'll love the propress

i have a family of 5

rick.

the 330 will make 6
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I like tools with cords. I much less likley to bounce them off the nearest wall when the battery goes dead in the middle of doing something.

Milwaukee 18V cordless drill x 6 batteries - All of the dead
                      sigpic

Comment

trustme--get the cordless--the batts last a long time and what happens when theres no power nearby--do you really wanna drag 300 ft of cords??????my cordless is a lifesaver

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                          trustme--get the cordless--the batts last a long time and what happens when theres no power nearby--do you really wanna drag 300 ft of cords??????my cordless is a lifesaver
                          I don't doubt it but my issue is that I won't be the one to use the tool. It will be shared throughout the company and too much hassle keeping up with batteries. No new construction either - getting power not a problem. Thanks for the advise though.
                          spodelee

Comment

Working...
                          X